New injury rehab question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New injury rehab question

My friend's son (22) was injured last week in a motorcycle accident.
    He sustained a L1 complete injury.

He has been given a few choices of rehab and his parents don't know which location may be best. He is in northern CA.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these options?
    1-Pacific Medical Center Daves Campus in SF
    2-Santa Clara Valley Medical Center in San Jose
    3-Roseville Sutter Hospital

Thanks in advance. I know they appreciate it.

Santa Clara Valley has the best reputation and specializes in SCI rehab, while the other two units are general rehab units that also care for SCI patients. SCVMC is a county hospital though, so has less of the perks of a private hospital, but that is not the basis on which you pick a rehab hospital.

SCVMC and Pacific are accredited by CARF (the Commission for Accreditation of Rehab Facilities) as a SCSC (Spinal Cord System of Care). Roseville is not.

I would recommend that his family visit these two facilities, talk to the staff, and interview a few patients and/or family members (if possible).

I assume the young man is not a military veteran??

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Santa Clara Valley will have the most experience with SCI. It wont be as shiny as CPMC (California Pacific Medical Center... I think that is the first one you mentioned), but it is the right place.

Comment

Working...
      X