Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to SCI

Hi All..
    So I'm very new at this and was wondering if anyone would mind sharing how your SCI occurred?

Thanks
    X x x

Hi Megs, welcome to Care Cure. My son dove in to a pool almost 9 years ago.

Comment

I fell 20 feet from a tree and dislocated my spine at T12 L1. Sorry you had to find this site. It is a great resource.

Comment

Birth defect, t7/8, hit by car, I dislocated l5s1, cervical degeneration c3-6, That began with child abuse injuries.

Comment

I just plane crashed
          T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Welcome! I was ejected 73 ft from my vehicle during a single car accident in 1994. T-10 complete.
            DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

I plane crashed, too - the engine died about 30m in the air. We were going up for a skydive. I should have worn a seat belt
              Don - Grad Student Emeritus
              T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Originally posted by Megs View Post
                Hi All..
                So I'm very new at this and was wondering if anyone would mind sharing how your SCI occurred?

Thanks
                X x x
                For someone so freshly injured (December 27, 2012), this seems an odd question to ask. You don't have questions about how to maximize your function instead of asking what happened to each of us?
                Last edited by LaMemChose; 12 Feb 2013, 3:09 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

From what we were able to piece together, I was riding my bicycle, lost control, veered off to the other side of the road, hit a tree, was thrown off the bike and landed on some rocks that were on the bottom a ditch, that was about 10ft deep.

Comment

Husband - T7 and brain injury from a motorcycle accident 24 years ago

Me - progressive brain and spinal cord disease - currently T10 incomplete; diagnosed 9 years ago
                    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Lost control of my motorbike, gave it too much throttle and it pulled a wheelie at about 80mph, put it back down too hard and got a massive tank slapper, veered off and went through a chain link fence. Bike went though the fence and i hit the metal post and got folded in half. Just a mix of inexperience and bad luck but at least it was my own fault and not someone else, made it fairly easy to accept and move on.

Riding again now, doing track days on my R1!
                      Last edited by SuprSi; 12 Feb 2013, 12:22 PM. Reason: typo
                      T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Comment

So Megs how did you whined up here, and whats your life story all about. Guess its your turn.
                        T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Fell out of a semi (parked) only 4 or 5ft. T12 bone burst. Ain't that a bitch?? Ppl crashing planes, falling 30ft+ and this measly 5ft fall does all this...crazy. so what's your story?

Comment

Flew out back window in 2 vehicle auto accident. Was driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Megs View Post
                              Hi All..

Thanks
                              X x x
                              ...... a flying trapeze.
                              T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X