No announcement yet.

T-12 fracture

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    T-12 fracture

    Hi, I am a 34 year old female who has a t-12 fracture, I fell 2 years ago and still to this day I am having serious problems with my back! I have been to several drs trying to find one that will help! All of them seem to think that I am not in pain, however I am in continual pain! I have alot of numbness and tingleing in the area as well! I no longer am able to sleep on my back or stomach which in return has made it very diffulcult to sleep at all. I do see a pain mgnt dr so I am not looking for drugs!!!
    I want a Dr, that wants to help me with my back, there has to be something that can be done to help!
    I have also experianced the numbness and pain shooting into the leg on my left side! So can someone help????

    Are you paralyzed? Do you have a fusion/surgery?

    Can you pee and poop on your own? If you can, you have alot more function than the majority of us here.

    Once you have a fracture, there is not much that can be done except live with it.

    I am numb and tingle/shooting pains all down my legs...its called neuropathic pain.

    Not sure you will find much of anything to help except drugs or biofeedback.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown


      As above, I assume you do not have a spinal cord injury. Chronic pain after spinal fractures and/or surgery is more common than not. Regardless, you should have some tests to determine if you have any cord compression due to spinal stenosis, or root compression due to narrow foremen. Both are common complications after spinal fractures.

      An orthospine surgeon or neurosurgeon would be the most appropriate physician to see. Just because you have these problems does not necessarily qualify you for surgical interventions, but you would at least know the cause of your pain.

      A pain specialist would be a excellent option for learning how to manage the pain.

      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.