No announcement yet.

Weird sensations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.s. i have no movement in lower limbs. Im C6 inc.

Comment

Anyone? Sci nurse, wise.

Comment

Wheres everyone?

Comment

I recently regained sensation in my testicles and saddle area. Does this influence more return in sensation and function?

Comment

I think that no one is answering because we cannot reassure you or predict what will happen. Although there are similarities in injuries as a given level, every injury is different. The best advice is to hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. Reality will probably be somewhere in between...
            Don - Grad Student Emeritus
            T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

You will just have to wait and see what develops. I know that is not much help but everyone is so different. tTe options are it will remain as it is, or you will get more return, or your sensation will turn in to irritating pain.
              Everyone is so different. So.. think positively and keep healthy and exercise and do whatever you can. We always hope for more return buy no promises!!! As you have figured out.
              but keep up the good work!
              CWO
              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                You will just have to wait and see what develops. I know that is not much help but everyone is so different. tTe options are it will remain as it is, or you will get more return, or your sensation will turn in to irritating pain. Everyone is so different. So.. think positively and keep healthy and exercise and do whatever you can. We always hope for more return buy no promises!!! As you have figured out. but keep up the good work! CWO
                Thanks for the heads up. Have to wait and see what develops.

Comment

Gladiator

Are you doing anything to TRY to get back motor function? Waiting to "see what happens" is not going to maximize your functional recovery. You need to be doing activities that promote motor recovery...waiting is not one of them. Have someone move your legs for you while you try to assist or resist, have someone help you do sit ups, etc.

Come on over to the Exercise/Recovery forum for more ideas.

Or http://www.projectwalk.org

Eric Harness, CSCS
                  Founder/President
                  Neuro Ex, Inc
                  Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
                    Gladiator Are you doing anything to TRY to get back motor function? Waiting to "see what happens" is not going to maximize your functional recovery. You need to be doing activities that promote motor recovery...waiting is not one of them. Have someone move your legs for you while you try to assist or resist, have someone help you do sit ups, etc. Come on over to the Exercise/Recovery forum for more ideas. Or http://www.projectwalk.org
                    Snowman Thanks for the feedback. I do all the Excercises you mentioned. I also stand for two hours everyday. Plus passive cycling for lower limbs, active for upper limbs. Is that enough?

Comment

My doc checked me yesterday and its mostly pressure sensation in my saddle area except the testicles which has both light touch and pressure. Voluntary anal contraction is present but "weak" . He said that this still makes me an ASIA C.

Comment

Standing everyday will definitely help with keeping your muscles lengthened. How many hours/days do you the types of exercises I mentioned?

Eric Harness, CSCS
                        Founder/President
                        Neuro Ex, Inc
                        Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
                          Standing everyday will definitely help with keeping your muscles lengthened. How many hours/days do you the types of exercises I mentioned?
                          outpatient at rehab center 3 days a week for 2 hours. I also have a physiotherapist come over daily (except weekends) for 2 hours. Add 2 hours of standing everyday and an hour of active/passive cycling (upper and lower limbs).

Comment

I regained sensation in my belly button. Out of all places. Lol

Comment

Working...
                            X