No announcement yet.

urine management problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm worried now, if i have the DVT do you think that i won't be allowed to go Rancho, so do you think would happen next....

Comment

I'm glad to inform you that my Doppler reulst shows no DVT today!

on the other hand, I am having a problem in retaining my urine. until last week I have been self cathiterizing every 6 hrs. my bladder used to retain 500-800 cc.(the out put every 6 hr.). as of last week I am having leak between my cat times. some times it is not a "leak" it flows (probably about 100 cc or more). I tried to increase the frequency of the cath time (every 4 hrs) but the problem persists. I also start using condom catheter at night. I am really having diffculty in managing my urine. if anyone has any advise in this regard i would really appreciate.
      thank you.

Comment

Just curious...why are you using a woman's screen name (Martha) when you are male? A condom catheter between caths is a good way to contain your incontinence. You could start on anticholenergic medications to try to keep you dry between caths, but usually the urologists want to do your first urodynamics off these meds. How soon are you going to Rancho??

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

hahah.... my user name is my mom's name, b/s i love her so much, no other specific reason. I'm going to Racho either at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. They didn't give me specific date. thank you for your help.

Comment

Every time I've had a high volume of urine >1000 cc, I had incontinence for a couple days. One of my high volumes led to a kidney infection. Do not let this happen to you. It sucks waking up in the middle of the night and cathing all the time, but it must be done for your well being. I think it is too early for you to have bladder stones. JM

Comment

Sweating

Hi all, it's been a while since i came to the forum. I was dischared from Rancho Los Amigos few weeks ago. I have a sweating below the injury level when i'm sitting on the wheelchair and high especially at night. Can anyone tell me why i'm having this sweating? any advice please?

Comment

What did they say at Rancho about this?

Many new injuries have problems with inappropriate sweating. It usually gets better with time.

It would of course be important to make sure you are not having autonomic dysreflexia (what is your blood pressure when this occurs?) and that you do not have a syrinx (syringomyelia) which can also sometimes cause inappropriate sweating.

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

When I was at Rancho Los Amigos, I was not that concerned and they didn't say anything. After I came home I've read somewhere that sweating below the injury level is a symptom of syrinx and that's when I got more worried. My blood pressure is normal and most of the time in the lower side. So, what are the symptoms of Syrinx? Could i have it without the symptoms?

Thank you SCI nurse for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                  X