Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8mths post and starting to get feeling back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8mths post and starting to get feeling back.

I was shot in the back feb 21st, And clasified as a t10 complete asiaA. I did not have any surgery becase it was a in and out wound and did not hit my spine! Well the past few weeks ALot has been happening 2 months ago I noticed driving my car with the a/c on hitting my feet I COULD FEEL the cold breze hitting my feet! Not the past few week i have had a tingleing feeling in my left thigh I could feel my self sitting in a chair. Also while driving i could not get comfortable in the seat and it turns on that my Hip and butt muscles are starting to work. laying on my side i can thrust my hips and my right butt muscle is stronger and bigger then the left causing the discomford sitting in the cars seat. Also with this my back muscles are working all the way down to the top of my butt as well. But Now on both of my thighs I can now feel hot temp it started with my dog sitting in my lap I could feel his body heat plain as day! ALso now that its getting colder at night witha blacket over me i can feel my legs getting warm and has been getting stronger and stronger as the week as gone by today I was able to feel the heat of a hamburger on a napkin on my right thigh.

That's awesome! Are you doing rehab? You need to be working out every day to maximize return. Good luck!
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

feeling heat and cold is a good indication you are recovering something.
      good luck.

I began to develop neuro pain about eight months post, but feeling took much longer. I can feel almost everything now, except across my pubic bone my heels, and my tushy.

Comment

Wow, that's great to hear! I hope you continue to get returns! I agree with rdf. If you're not working with a therapist or trainer, get one. The sooner you can start working muscles that are waking up, the better.

Comment

I can feel some deep pressure way below my leval of injury in my thighs, And is much stronger in my pubic area. I can also feel some what its hard to describe when i run my hands over my thighs. its amazing me as i type this how strong the feeling of heat in my thighs are. my question is whats next? I have been doing some therapy at home. I was doing therapy but since it says complete asia A they treated me like a lost casue which really got under my skin. And all they would do is try to do wheel chair tranfer drills which i can do just fine.

Comment

Do you have medical insurance? I believe a doctor's prescription is all you'd need. Ideally, a place like Project Walk would be perfect. I think Project Walk is in Arizona, maybe a few other states. They have a presence here at CC, but I'm not sure what their username is. Maybe someone can chime in.
            Originally posted by silversol View Post
            I can feel some deep pressure way below my leval of injury in my thighs, And is much stronger in my pubic area. I can also feel some what its hard to describe when i run my hands over my thighs. its amazing me as i type this how strong the feeling of heat in my thighs are. my question is whats next? I have been doing some therapy at home. I was doing therapy but since it says complete asia A they treated me like a lost casue which really got under my skin. And all they would do is try to do wheel chair tranfer drills which i can do just fine.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

im hoping the feelling of heat isnt the birth of neurolic burning.

Comment

I have medicade. I was driving to the shapard center daily which gets very old quick if you have ever been in atlanta traffic. Please dont think im bad mouthing the shepard center becase its a great place. But there are somethings i know are wrong in my medical records that are wrong. As long as the words ''complete" "Asia A" and complete transection are on there Im doomed to to doing wheelchair transfers in therapy. the transection part i know for a fact is bs i know what i have is a bruses that is visable on my MRI

Comment

Second opinion on the classification.
                  Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
                  Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
                  -- Lucy VanPelt

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutsLucy View Post
                    Second opinion on the classification.
                    I Concur, but where to go in the south east?

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                      im hoping the feelling of heat isnt the birth of neurolic burning.
                      its not neurolic burning or pain. its the feeling of heat

Comment

Congrats, I trust you are well aware how fortunate you are. Work your butt off man; maximize your potential.

You're doing the right thing by taking responsibility for your rehab. You know best. Don't get hungup on the words they use or classify you. Your be written as a complete may be benificial for beneifits or opportunities. Your job right now is to work hard, not worry about symantics. Make it a goal that they bring up that you went beyond their classification of complete. There is progression in rehab. There's only so much time, so they want to ensure that you have the basic skills you are going to need after discharge. As things come back, they'll work on it or you work on it yourself.

For me, the best break or injury, if there is one, is T/10. You still have your abs, lower feeling, can get a hard on, have less skin issues than lower breaks and can use the FES bike. So again, you are fortunate.

You got off lucky, this incidence changed your life yet is giving you the opprotunity to see how strong you are. A man is not defined by the gun he uses but by the tenacity and strength in challenging times. Sounds like you are doing it.
                        Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 22 Oct 2011, 9:31 PM.

Comment

Well yesterday I was able to make my self stand with the aid of some para bars. I woke up this morning very sore in my hips/legs/feet. Is this normal?

Comment

You will redefine what "normal" is everyday.

We can't say what will happen next, but it's been over eight years for me and I feel new stuff everyday! Excercising my upperbody always leeds to burning lower body. The burning lasts for a day then usually sprouts into a new "normal!" This is good!

Pat

Comment

Hi nine months post myself. The most important thing to do is to figure out what muscles you can move. Try to move all the little muscles inside your hips. Think of a robot, where would all the little hydraulic rams go to move the legs. Google muscle charts on the web. Then the real work starts. Work the crap out of any muscle that you can move. Don't get discouraged, it will take months and months to see results.
                              Keep at it, get organized make a routine. a good PT will help you make a chart to follow. But its up to you to do the work not the PT Good luck
                              T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

Working...
                              X