Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you soooooooooo much!

Comment

update: last week, he had a right hemispheric stroke. We are still very frustrated by the response or lack of clarity offered by his medical team.

The Ortho doc did not return my call for 4 days, when I called in that he was having stroke symptoms. The neuro doc tried to tell me he was probably just dehydrated, and then referred him to his PCP.

Once in the ER it was clear that he was having the stroke and was admitted to yale, and the head of the stroke dept commented on the unbelievably poor care, asking things like:

1. why did he have his halo removed so early?
      2. Why is he in a foam collar with this severe of an injury?
      3. Why did the dr authorise PT to do tractioning and manual adjustments so soon?
      4. The ortho doc quipped, "well at least he's still alive"

The stroke dr referred us to a different neuro vascular surgeon, whom, it turns out we cannot see because he is already on the team that is apparenently treating him.

The neuro surgeon refuses to schedule an appouintment with us. We need to be counseled and we need to explore vascular and neurological options and nobody wants to touch this case.

My poor boyfriend is living in limbo, in pain, in increasing numbness, with brain injuries and we were told to get used to it and expect more strokes and death in the future.

I cannot believe this.
      What, if any, experience or advice can anyone here offer us? Thank you

Comment

Seek another opinion from a neurosurgeon.

See an attorney.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i am, thank yuo

Comment

I can tell you from past experience the Dr's will go into total CYA mode!! If you already have not, start a very detailed file i bought one of the multi dividing folders i could put all my paper work in for easy reference and so i wouldn't loose any of it.. As soon as the surgeons realized "something" was really wrong after my simple hernia/nerve resection surgery (i couldn't walk) it went something like this, I watched Dr 2 cut the nerve and everything went good then Dr 2 said i watched Dr 1 cut the nerve and everything went good to this day i do not know WHO cut the nerves janitor perhaps... I hope you find some answers and he comes out of this ok..........

Comment

Working...
            X