What is my classification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my classification?

After reading Dr. Young's description of neurological level, I am confused. I broke C1 and C2, but all of my muscles that I know of work. I can walk and do pushups. I do a general overall routine of weight lifting. My muscles are not as strong as before, but most are better than 70%. The only thing that I can't do is ejaculate. My limitations are mostly due to spasticity and fatigue. I was diagnosed with central cord syndrome but think that I also have brown sequard syndrome because I am weaker on left and lack most temperature sensing on the right. What is my classification? Thank you.
    Last edited by cajun; 05-22-2011, 08:00 PM. Reason: Typo
    C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

It sounds like you have an ASIA D incomplete C1 or C2 injury. You did not mention your sensation at all. That needs to be taken into account for your classification as well. Do you have any areas of less than normal or absent sensation?

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Sorry, yes my touch sensation is somewhat diminished generally and moreso in my left hand. My temperature sensing is poor on my right side. Thanks.
      C1/C2 walking quad, SCI from 4/2010

Comment

Working...
      X