No announcement yet.

Boyfriend now a c6 quadriplegic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. I want Jordan to make a full recovery, but if that's not meant to be during this phase of rehab, do know that there are some extremely talented researchers working quite hard to find legitimate function-restoring therapies. I now believe it's quite realistic that such therapies will come to fruition and help many if not most people with SCI between the years 2015 and 2020, which is "just" 4 to 9 years. Get busy living LIFE and that time will fly by. I've been injured over 13.5 years and it doesn't seem nearly that long.

Take care and God bless!!

Bill Miller
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Comment

Originally posted by BillMiller823 View Post
      P.S. I want Jordan to make a full recovery, but if that's not meant to be during this phase of rehab, do know that there are some extremely talented researchers working quite hard to find legitimate function-restoring therapies. I now believe it's quite realistic that such therapies will come to fruition and help many if not most people with SCI between the years 2015 and 2020, which is "just" 4 to 9 years. Get busy living LIFE and that time will fly by. I've been injured over 13.5 years and it doesn't seem nearly that long.

Take care and God bless!!

Bill Miller
      Thanks a lot

Comment

Read the book by Joni Earickson Tada..it inspires

Comment

i'm a c5/c6 quad incomplete injured Aug 2009 I do alot on my own, shaving, teeth, hair, I can clean the house a little, at first I was depressed but tell him life does go on. I have my 3 daughters and my wife for help, when I need it plus there are services out there i get an aid every morning and every night plus a nurse 1 hour everyday. I also push a manual chair that I sit every day i have the zx1 power add-on for long distances. I eat with no splints just hold the fork and spoon I even open my own beer bottles and pop cans. Tell him to keep his spirits up life goes on, things will change, just support him as much as you can. please ask any question or search this forum is great it has helped me alot.

Comment

Working...
          X