No announcement yet.

If any new quads have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've never gotten an Asia score. Remember he had a brain injury so he gets confused a few times. There are times where i'm touching his left leg and his eyes are covered and he says your touching my right and he is certain. And i say no i was touching your left and he points to his left as if he got confused between both. But then there are times when he says he doesnt feel at all.

We had a nurse come see him for just a check up and he freaked out when he saw how my brother moved his legs. Sometimes he'll do it on command. Just last night, in bed i told him to move his leg and he bent his right all the way up. And he wasnt being touched or anything. But the most common is when we tell him to move his legs and you kind of see him pushing and both his legs start raising a bit. He sometimes says thats him moving it and others he says no. He also moves his body in the wheel chair like if trying to get comfortable. He just recently started moving his left wrist a bit, we're praying for fingers to start.

The problem is that the rehab he's in has pretty much given up and has started training him for a wheel chair. It frustrates me because they put other kids that have never moved there legs on a fes bike and not my brother. All i ask is that they try. Several nurses and family have seen his legs move and the nurse was an sci nurse. Now we're just going to try to get him to the Miami Project.

Comment

Just keep doing what your doing with a BI and SCI it is difficult for you to interpret but therapy is the answer and don't forget you are one of his "therapist". HOpe he gets in the Miami Project.

CWO
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X