Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came home after 4 months

Hi,

New fella here. I had a motorcycle accident on Aug. 29th and was in the hospital, acute rehab and nursing home for a total of 4 months. I don't remember how I went down. I probably ran over gravels. My bro. says I slammed into a utility poll. Anyhows, I just wanted to say hi and hopefully learn from everyone here. Oh yeah, I'm a T3 complete.

Tin
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Hi Tin, I'm fairly new to the forum, too, although not new to paraplegia. This is a great site -- welcome. I'm learning that the saying here is "we're sorry you had to find us but glad you did" Nice, huh? Good luck. Every day's a new adventure.
    Julie

Comment

hi tin
      welcome. There is lots of good information here. Using the search function is a great way to go too.

Comment

Hi Tin. Hope things are going as smooth as possible. Lots to figure out at first.

Comment

Glad you found us. You will find a lot of info and wisdom. Post any questions, thoughts or comments you wish to share. Good luck.
          Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

hi. Sorry you had to find us, but it's a good place to be!
            lots of great info, ask away!

Comment

Hi Tin, this site is a fabulous resource. Hope you are doing OK, the first 12-24 months are difficult and this site can be a huge help. Stay strong!
              Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
              Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
              -- Lucy VanPelt

Comment

Hey tin. This place is a great resource. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Comment

Welcome home!

I was away 6 months total & couldn't wait to get home. I found it bittersweet though. It was somewhat isolating & hard being confronted w/ being unable to do things like before. Same 'ole house,different situation.
                  It got much easier though & there's now nothing like home.

Good luck. Post whenever & search whatever. The more you know, the better you'll be!

Comment

Hi Tin,
                    Welcome to CCC, and glad you are home again. The first bit being home can be overwhelming, but remember it does get better as you adapt.

Comment

Welcome my friend and sorry you need us but keep on keepin on and God speed.
                      ^^(A)^^

Comment

Howdy Tin,

There's quite a few of us riders here. I don't remember my wreck either, and probably glad of it. I was sitting at a red light and got rearended by a car doing ~50mph, I'm a T10.

Get ready for some weird feelings being home. Rehab is kinda like a cocoon, coming home is like busting out into your new world. Lots of happiness, pissed off'edness, some oh shit, times ahead.
                        "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Hey Tin (if thats yer real name)
                          Motorcycle wreck, T3, 2007 here too.....and did anyone ever say to you "oh but thank goodness you were wearing a helmet"???

Comment

Thanks for all the support guys n gals.
                            Mark- yes I do get that from everyone. I have my license for 8 years and this was my first ever accident.
                            T3 Complete
                            to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Tin! Great place to come! I have learned so much here as a caregiver for my daughter (C6/C7 incomplete).

Comment

Working...
                              X