No announcement yet.

New Incomplete SCI C5 C6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I only recently first talked to a real live person with my type of injury. I found it helps to know you aren't alone and that someone understands some of the things you are going through. Accepting the pain and various other problems and limitations is no easy feat. Thanks again.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

11/25/2009

This Tuesday will be 3 weeks since the C5/C6 spinal cord surgery.
      Physical therapy has just begun this week upon transfer to a rehab.

Extent of injury still undetermined due to "spinal shock".

So glad to see the recovery and hope you are posting.
      Last edited by mcannon; 12-13-2009, 04:37 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

swh- I know what you mean about the 'survivors remorse'. Sometimes I feel guilty for having any complaints in the world given what other people have suffered through.
        These forums have been great for me to find though. I have learned so much, and as others have said, it's wonderful to find other people with similar experiences and issues.
        Do you have Brown-Sequart symptoms?
        -Dusty

---C5-incomplete "walking quad", Dec.28,2005---

Comment

mcannon- Your name seems familiar, but it says you only have 1 post. I must be confused (not surprising).
          you are only 3 weeks post-injury? Wow, at that time I was on a ventilator fighting pneumonia and hoping to stay alive. I remember a couple weeks later (after being transferred and starting rehab) trying to type on the computer and not being strong enough to press the keys..
          Anyway, enough nostalgia. Welcome, and please provide updates, ask questions, etc as you feel willing and able. The more the merrier.
          -Dusty

---C5-incomplete "walking quad", Dec.28,2005---

Comment

CrassPip, no it's more central cord syndrome stuff. I can do most things but have spasticity and central pain or neuropathic pain whichever you prefer and other pain, numbness, weakness, blah, blah, blah. But, I can have a rare few really good days when I almost forget I am hurt. I really want to increase the number of days when I don't think much about being hurt.

I do feel guilty when I am talking to most other sci victims, cancer victims, Parkinson's Disease victims, etc. but I don't when I am talking to mostly healthy people. I guess it is all a matter of degree.

Mcmannon, hopefully you will work very hard, have lots of hope, optomism, luck and determination, and someday have survivor's remorse too. I met a guy a few weeks ago who was shot 20 years ago, an incomplete c 5/6, walking with no pain or spasticity at all. That could be you!
            2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
            Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Welcome to the board & congrats on your recovery! I hope you can continue to have much more...

I'm sorry but I can't control myself to debate this statement. It is wonderful to have hope & faith. Maybe it wasn't meant to be but many here get take this as an insult, I know I do. Alot of us know this isn't possible. Sorry if I'm out of line I just would hate for a newbie to read this & get bummed too.

Originally posted by capricorn View Post
              You can be whatever you will to be.
              Still though, all the best.

Comment

Working...
              X