X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW T12 complete 3 months post

I just found this site, It is great!
    I find it very usefull and a great resource to all us with SCI's
    I am very lucky to have great support around me during these hard times.
    I am very early in recovery and not sure what to expect. I am gianing some slight movement in my quads,hamstrings,calfs & butt.Still can not move my toes. It is a very slow ramp up and can only feel it, not see any limbs move at this time.
    During B/P I am able to push stool out. On the road to recover!

Welcome DHMartin. My son is T12 Complete and 6 months post! Sounds like things are coming along well for you! Keep working and never give up!
    FAITH: Is not believing God can, but knowing he will.

Comment

Welcome to CC DHMartin, I am T11-12 inc. As you have already found out, this site has great information and also great people. You seem to be making good steps in recovery. Keep it up!!

Becky
      T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
      since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Comment

Welcome to our site. As we always say, sorry you had to find us....but glad you did.

Please complete your User Profile (CP) so we can know more about you.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hi...my husband is also a T12 complete. We are only 5 weeks into his recovery. I wish you the very best. Stay strong. This site is wonderful! It has helped me so much. Good luck and God Bless!

Comment

Hello from another t12
            Good luck
            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Welcome to the club, DH.
              I am a L1 incomplete here 7 years into this journey. Heck, your T12... that makes us neighbors! It is good to have trunk control, para sports are open for a low para like yourself too. I am glad that you found this site.

Comment

T-12 incomplete here also and sounds a lot like my "recovery" i wish you all the best. great resource here....i learned more from people here in 2 weeks than i did 1 month in a hospital that claimed to be a leader in SCI.......get after it

Comment

Originally posted by DHMartin View Post
                  I just found this site, It is great!
                  I find it very usefull and a great resource to all us with SCI's
                  I am very lucky to have great support around me during these hard times.
                  I am very early in recovery and not sure what to expect. I am gianing some slight movement in my quads,hamstrings,calfs & butt.Still can not move my toes. It is a very slow ramp up and can only feel it, not see any limbs move at this time.
                  During B/P I am able to push stool out. On the road to recover!

My son is an L1, very similar to you. Rehab is a long road and not always easy, hang in there and just keep moving forward mentally and physically as best you can.

With the type of movement/recovery you describe, I would seriously question the "complete" label. Many people are wrongly labeled complete when first injured (my son among them). Also, don't get caught up in that label because it is just that -- a label. Don't let it define what you can/can't do or will/won't try to do.

We opted for an intensive exercise/physical therapy/water therapy/occupational therapy routine during the first 18 months post. That was a huge part of my son's recovery because he was so weak from the surgery and initial recovery -- he could hardly sit up even though all those muscle worked fine. Like Arndog said, a strong trunk is important.

I didn't catch how old you are or anything, but there are plenty of options for recreation for you regardless. Like I said, just keep moving forward one way or another.

Best wishes!
                  Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
                  Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
                  -- Lucy VanPelt

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. I am doing well making the adjustments to carry on.

Comment

Welcome to CC

I am T12 (20 years post) as well.

Ask if you have questions. Good luck in your rehab, you still have a lot of discovering and recovering to do.
                      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

My daughter is also t12 complete. We are almost 5 months into this awful mightmare. We are starting to have smalll gains abs, left hip, right a small amount. We are praying for a miracle.

Comment

Remember, there's no dumb question here - I know, I've asked my share of them. These cool people will answer even if you're grouchy or thin skinned because you hurt. Good luck & God bless!

Comment

Hi, I am also a t11/12 incomplete and I did walk for 34 years without any aid
                            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Good you found it, it's much more than they tell you in rehab, there's soooo much more. From the horses mouth so to speak

Comment

Working...
                              X