No announcement yet.

Heart Broken Daughter Recent T12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WoW!! She has come such a long way. What a worker too ..... I peaked at the other videos. I love the stairs, what arm strength she has built up.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

GC-I saw the videos. Nice work! She looks great! Hoping for her continued climb upwards.
      Last edited by med100; 22 Jan 2010, 10:25 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

I just love to see these videos of Jessica! She is doing so well and is so lucky to have such a great family to support her!

Comment

She is making such good progress. She's just a sweetheart!(speaking in a grandfatherly tone). It's great to see she has progressed so steadly in her endeavor to be as normal as possible.
          And she's sooooooo lucky to have parents who have supported her as much as you have. You deserve alot of credit! your an inspiration to all who would be in your shoes!

Comment

The therapist had her walking with arm crutches last week! Had to share. She has been wanting to do this for awhile. The therapist had to get creative so it would work. I'll post a video soon (hopefully next week) so you know what I mean.

Comment

Thats awesome!!! I know even with needing to get creative, she must have been so thrilled . Im so happy for her!!

Becky
              T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
              since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Comment

gcblarsen, I thought you might like to see this video. I just stumbled across it online. Its a miracle this kid was around!
                http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/boy-h...aylist=&page=1
                I thought about Jessica when I saw it. Glad to hear she is doing well and was up with forearm crutches this week. Hope her recovery continues to progress smoothly.
                ~Mandy~
                SCI as a result of spinal surgery
                TiLite Aero Z!!!

Comment

Video of Jess walking in arm crutches. She has a belt around her butt that is around the therapist back. The therapist is guiding her legs. She needs the belt around her butt as she isn't able to stand straight on her own.

It took me awhile to post the video as a little boy at her school was mentioned. I had to figure out how to edit it, which I've never done before. Her therapist was teasing her. I didn't want to post it with her friends name as it might have embarrassed him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDcUK32193k

CurvySAT05, thanks so much for sharing! They seem to realize how lucky they are.
                  Last edited by gcblarsen; 14 Feb 2010, 10:40 PM. Reason: trying to get video to show up.

Comment

It's so nice to see these videos of Jessica progressing!

Comment

Good for Jessica! I love her spirit.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is sooooo AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work Jess!!!

Becky
                        T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
                        since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Comment

She is doing so well! You need to change the title of the thread!
                          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

heartfelt tears...

Comment

sjean423, I see what you mean. It should say “Heart Broken, Daughter Recent T12”, as her heart was never broken. I wish I could have Jessica's spirit. She is just as full of life as she was before, not to say she doesn’t have challenges with SCI. I know she wishes she could ride bikes, run etc with the other kids, but she never shows it. She still goes out to play, and does things I wouldn't have thought possible a year ago.

Not sure if my heart will ever completely heal. I think a cure might do it.

We are in the process of getting short arm crutches so she can practice walking on her knees. They made a custom SWASH for her that we should have soon. Her Orthotist is trying really hard to find things that will help.

Her attitude and progress makes it better much for the rest of us and I'm very thankful for that.

Comment

Congratulations on the progress! She looks like she's doing really well and I'm proud of you for setting such a high mark on being a strong parent in these circumstances. Thanks for posting the video and I hope the progress continues ... anything is possible, really.

- K
                                C5 Burst Fracture - Motorcycle - June 21st, 2009 - Father's Day.
                                http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=124135

Comment

Working...
                                X