No announcement yet.

19 year old daughter, new SCI, no insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you chat i am on yahoo sometimes.
    • dizzal2006
    • dizzal_is_back

Comment

Diianna you're all in my prayers.
      Have you tried family counseling?
      My strength comes from my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.
      Cast all your troubles on Jesus and he will carry them for you.
      He will give you strength to help Ivy and your son.
      God bless. Have faith. If you pray & believe he will answer your prayers.
      sigpic

Comment

Just a quick update as I have packing to do and bills to prepay and all the other things hubby might be lost on while Im away.......IvyJo was accepted to Shriners!!! They called and told the hospital here to arrange transport for this Monday June 30th! I am so very excited as is IvyJo. I will try to check back in and post updates and such as time and circumstances allow during rehab...but will definitely return when she is discharged in order to update progress! Im going with her and staying as long as we can afford it and my FMLA allows.
        Thanks everyone for all the help! You all are great!

Dianna
        (IvyJo too!)

Comment

Shriners

So excited to hear your daughter will go to Shriners!! My son was treated there at 19 when he was injured and it is the best. No cost to you at all and they do all that is possible. They wouldn't even bill my insurance even though we had it! I wish you all the best and keep us posted. It will be a long journey both physically and mentally.

Comment

Congrats on going to Shriners! Praying Ivy improves leaps & bounds!
            God bless y'all!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DiannaRae
              I have to leave for work again soon...but can I post pics and videos here???If I can, I can show you her progress .
              A lot of people post pictures and video on on of the free web sites, like photobucket. Then you can post a link to them here. You can also post pictures directly. The stuff you need is up on the toolbar ^^^. Tos post a picture that is on photobucket you use the "postcard" icon, If it is on your computer, the paperclip icon will let you attach it. You can do video on photobucket as well.

Glad to hear she is going to Shriners.
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

You can also start a free Carepages blog with pictures, a place for people to send her messages, etc. See the sticky at the top of this forum. Great that you got her into Shriners!

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

UPDATE to 19 year old c-5 c-6.... almost 15 months later

First off..let me apologise to everyone who was so very helpful and overly friendly......I dropped the ball. I promised updates that never came. Im sorry. BUT..... Heres why...
                  Ivy was told she would NEVER walk again....then was told paralyzed from chest down....now..... OMG! Never EVER believe initial diagnosis....I dont mean to say to not think the worst isnt a possibilty because I know it is.....BUT what Im saying is...ALWAYS retain HOPE and FAITH!
                  Now...if SOMEONE could help me show U..... in case this dont work.....lol

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...elID=163044499

Its a 15 minute video she made herself.
                  A long road ahead still. Slight bladder and bowel control problems (she thinks she has control but DR says no..as do the test results) ...and left leg still a major problem..cant pick up to use correctly. Drags.
                  BUT she refuses to use the chair at home now...
                  My daughter has more fight and stamina I do and more than I thought humanly possible. I am so very proud of her...

Anyway.....
                  a few months late...but this is an update. We go back the final time in September....will update again! I PROMISE!

Dianna and IvyJo

Comment

Whose baby is that? (confused me!) NM, I read the post, duhhh. It is her baby LOL.

Don't apologize. I couldn't stomach CareCure for a yr. post-sci. It was just...too much.

Great video. Your daughter is smarter than me. I threw my rehab photos away. I still can't explain why.

We're here when you need us. Make sure she knows you love her, walking or not. I got an illness and lost the walking I'd regained. All that post-sci love felt kind of conditional, for a bit.

Other than that, y'all are golden. Great work!
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

How's your daughter & son?

So proud of you all! How's your son doing? Have you talked to your community mental heath agency about counseling? They usually have a pay-as-able set up, and if he was cutting, there was already something else going on that you didn't know about (trust me on this - he won't admit to anything, but...) It wouldn't hurt to have him see someone once or twice, just to make sure he won't hurt himself if things get 'sticky' in the future & it'll give him someone to talk to without feeling like he's complaining or hurting you guys. And sooo cool about Shriners!!!! hope she keeps on improving! Blessings to you & yours!!!!
                      Last edited by Coleen; 08-02-2009, 01:51 AM. Reason: the usual

Comment

betheny, i have one photo of me in stupid rinky dink w/c in rehab. found it in mom's purse after she died 3 yrs later. why did she carry that? it broke me up. actually, i dunno where that photo is any more. it made me so sad for mom. tg nobody took photos of me in icu, etc. why would i want to see that?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                          Whose baby is that? (confused me!) NM, I read the post, duhhh. It is her baby LOL.

Don't apologize. I couldn't stomach CareCure for a yr. post-sci. It was just...too much.

Great video. Your daughter is smarter than me. I threw my rehab photos away. I still can't explain why.

We're here when you need us. Make sure she knows you love her, walking or not. I got an illness and lost the walking I'd regained. All that post-sci love felt kind of conditional, for a bit.

Other than that, y'all are golden. Great work!
                          you look so happy in pic but sound bitter in message. Am I misreading? Care to call me sometime??

Id love to talk to you

Dianna
                          Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-02-2009, 06:59 PM. Reason: Removed personal phone number

Comment

Dianna-I noted your ph. no. and will call, thanks. You should probably delete it asap, now. Check your pm's, I don't want to derail your thread.
                            Blog:
                            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Dianne, I edited your post to remove your phone number. I is unwise to post your actual phone numbers, address or e-mail address on public forums like this. It leaves you very vulnerable to scammers and spammers both. You already have both private messaging and private e-mail turned on, so anyone here can contact you that way if needed.

(KLD)
                              The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Thanks! I actually thought about it and went back on to edit post and was done for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X