No announcement yet.

well now almost 4 years after the hysterectomy my right ovary has to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he did say the day after surgery that from what he saw be thought everything was benign so that is good news but he sent everything to pathology to be sure.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Smashms View Post
      he did say the day after surgery that from what he saw be thought everything was benign so that is good news but he sent everything to pathology to be sure.
      Oh good, I'm glad he thought that everything was benign. It's still crazy-making to wait for path reports, but doctors usually dont make declarative statements like that unless they're pretty darned sure.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

The first time I went to lift myself at home - four days after surgery - my gawd the pain! Take care.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Just a check in. Um forgot I posted, a little post op meds/mind boggle maybe. I am doing well. Three days after I was doing limited walking around house. (no not a miracle, I am walking SCI ) Anyway, I continued just light walking for several days. I upped walking the 4th day and went the gym and walked 15 minutes in the back room, ran some errands, did some christmas baking. Ok , so over did that day and put me back in bed for two days. So eased back. Walked another day around the gym for 20 min but did nothing else except make dinner. Took it easy mostly the first two weeks. LIght house stuff, dishes, limited laundry, light walking. 19 Days out back on eliptical for 30 minutes, feel good, no pain, no soreness. DO have some weird feeling on right side, but not discomfort, more just things moving? if that makes sense. Yesterday was three weeks out. This week I did the eliptical three days 30 min 30 min and them 40 min and I started back with my personal trainer with some light weight lifting exercises in a seated position for upper body. No abdominal stuff, or core stuff or lower body yet. have to wait til the 4th for the all clear on that. But I feel good and good energy/revovery at this point. Unfortunately, my pathology is a different story. It isnt looking good and am concerned with some findings. Nothing confirmed yet, but not what I was hoping for.

Comment

Abnormal pathology of what? Uterus? Fallopian tubes? Ovary removed? Ovary remaining? Have you talked to your surgeon or oncologist about the results?

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

KLD is there a way to private message you? I would rather not post publicly the full result

Comment

Use the Private Message function (link from the user name right here).

(KLD)
                The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i would be wondering what the pathology says also. mine cam back all ok. thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashms View Post
                    i would be wondering what the pathology says also. mine cam back all ok. thank god.
                    Oh, I'm so glad you got a good path report! And how wonderful that you found out prior to the extended weekend, too. Whew!

Best to you with your situation also, medic1.

Comment

Thank you for the concern. After further consulting between my primary and the surgeon and pathology it looks like the original indication of a rare infection is not what I have. It was a rough couple weeks with it looking not so good but received a phone call yesterday that everything has been found to be ok and I am in the clear! I am so looking forward to a better 2017! Wheh! Glad all is good too Smashms and hope you are healing well. Have my 4 week follow up on wed and hoping for the all clear.

Comment

Originally posted by medic1 View Post
                        Thank you for the concern. After further consulting between my primary and the surgeon and pathology it looks like the original indication of a rare infection is not what I have. It was a rough couple weeks with it looking not so good but received a phone call yesterday that everything has been found to be ok and I am in the clear! I am so looking forward to a better 2017! Wheh! Glad all is good too Smashms and hope you are healing well. Have my 4 week follow up on wed and hoping for the all clear.
                        That is just wonderful, medic1! I am so glad that you can greet the new year without that burden of worry!

Comment

i have my 2 week check on thursday also. good luck

Comment

well back from my 1st of 3 post op apps and he confirmed the cyst on the left ovary was watermelon sized. and i actually lost 6 pounds since surgery. and the right ovary contained blood filled cysts and blood clot filled cysts. he also said the pathology again was all benign thank god.

Comment

What a relief to have all of that that over with, and receive confirmation that the masses were benign! I'm very happy for you!

Comment

What great, great news smashms and medic1.

Happy New year!

Comment

Working...
                                X