Epidural and Harrington rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epidural and Harrington rods

I'm a quad but had scoliosis surgery 10 years before my injury and have rods from T2-L2 . My ob referred me to an anesthesia dr . Her plan A is still try epidural to avoid AD and use ultrasound to find where to insert the epidural catheter , and plan B is c-section. I really hope no surgery involved. Any idea if epidural still works in this situation and I can avoid c-section? I'm terrified

no reply?

Comment

Moving this to the Women's forum.

You can still get AD during labor and delivery with a C-section; plus you can have AD after delivery from pain from the C-section incision line. If the anesthesiologist feels confident that they can pass an epidural catheter using ultrasound guidance, this would be the best for avoiding an unnecessary C-section, and for controlling any AD.

(KLD)
      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
      X