No announcement yet.

How do you pee while on a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have on several occasions taken a 12 hour flights and I first evacuate before the flight and 3 hours before the flight I have a medicine given to me by my doc , that makes not to pee and I also dont drink any liquids on the flight.

Comment

Just got back from a trip to Nicaragua. I simply asked for a blanket and I cath'd in a bag on all 4 flights no one even knew. If someone has a problem with it fuck em

Comment

Originally posted by lakboy View Post
        I have on several occasions taken a 12 hour flights and I first evacuate before the flight and 3 hours before the flight I have a medicine given to me by my doc , that makes not to pee and I also dont drink any liquids on the flight.
        This practice could put you at significant risk for getting a UTI. It is not safe to keep urine in your bladder for 12 hours or more, no matter what medications you take or how little you drink. Dehydrating yourself significantly increases your risk for developing a DVT while flying too.

Originally posted by arod636 View Post
        Just got back from a trip to Nicaragua. I simply asked for a blanket and I cath'd in a bag on all 4 flights no one even knew. If someone has a problem with it fuck em
        Easy to say for a MAN. This post is in Mobile WOMAN for a reason. The issues are much more complex and difficult to arrange for a woman when flying. One time that the male anatomy is easier to deal with.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I have only flown once and I dont know if the foley wasnt inserted correctly or what but it leaked on me and I had a huge embarrasing moment. BUT I had only been paralyzed nine months at the time too so I was still getting used to everything. I had severe UTIs too. I now have a Mitrofanoff through my belly button and can use an empty water bottle and a straight catheter. My question now it this: I haven't flown since then and at the time, my mother handled the "storing" of my chair. How do you guys go about arranging your wheelchair for the flight? I mean like, does an attendant or anyone help you get it ready to be loaded with the luggage and push you onto the plane or what? It has been so long I am not sure what to do. (I flew to South America so it was a bit different)
          One more thing: Do they give people in wheelchairs time to transfer flights if there is a short layover, or do you just have to plan for your plane to be the connecting flight for wherever? Just wondering because the flying hassle intimidates me a little.

Comment

Working...
          X