Diaper Cameltoe!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diaper Cameltoe!!!

I'm 27. I'm a t10 complete para. I'll be injured April 21, 2010. I wear a diaper & cath myself. My issue is I hate the "diaper camel toe!" It bothers me how it's noticeable when I'm sitting or standing w/ my KAFOs. I can hide it depending on what I wear. However, I would like to wear other things & look appropriate. I've noticed other paras who wear tight pants but don't seem to have my issue. Does anyone have the same problem? Please help!

Are you taking anything for bladder spasms, such as ditropan or detrol or vesicare? These should prevent leakage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxybutynin
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm taking ditropan but I still have accidents.

Comment

You might need a higher dose. Also, for many people, one drug doesn't work, while others do. I know it's difficult to deal with. Do you have a physiatrist you might talk with?
        Originally posted by 28darline View Post
        I'm taking ditropan but I still have accidents.

Thanks!

Comment

It's something I brought up w/ my doctor. She suggested to start a journal for my bladder & record each time I cath. I'm not sure bout talking to a psychiatrist. Yes it bothers me but it's not something I'm going crazy about. I've never asked another person w/ an SCI about their bladder situation before.

Comment

RDF is talking about a rehab doc. not a head doc.

It's something I brought up w/ my doctor. She suggested to start a journal for my bladder & record each time I cath. I'm not sure bout talking to a psychiatrist. Yes it bothers me but it's not something I'm going crazy about. I've never asked another person w/ an SCI about their bladder situation before.

Comment

Sorry, I said physiatrist, not psychiatrist!

A physiatrist is the type of doctor people with spinal cord injures see. He oversees our overall health. He's a physical/rehabilitation type of doc.

http://www.aapmr.org/patients/aboutp...ysiatrist.aspx

Thanks!

Comment

Oh! My bad!!! Yea that's the type of doctor I go to. We're working on my bladder issue, but right now our main focus is my nerve pain. Geez…I feel like a dork. Lol. Sorry again.

Comment

haha, don't feel that way. I've made the same mistake

I'd speak with him about trying another bladder spasm drug, or increasing your current dosage. Good luck!
                  Oh! My bad!!! Yea that's the type of doctor I go to. We're working on my bladder issue, but right now our main focus is my nerve pain. Geez…I feel like a dork. Lol. Sorry again.
                  You might get more responses if this were in the Care forum.

Thanks!

Comment

You might also want to get your rehab doc to refer you to a urologist who has experience dealing with neurogenic bladders.

Comment

I agree. The goal, with an injury at your level, would be for you to be able to cath 5-6X daily and never leak between, so not need to wear padding. Either a higher dose of Ditropan, or Ditropan + another anticholenergic med, or a different med all together. You may also want to discuss bladder Botox with your urologist (and your physiatrist).

Do you go to RIC for your SCI care?

Have you had urodynamics?

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

my old urologist saw better success with ditropan by having his patients crush it and then mix with some saline and injected it into the bladder directly.

also, i used to wear poise pads and those worked better than the diapers and were more discrete.

i also know a few who wear underwear over the depends to hold it in place better.
                        "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                        http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

[QUOTE=SCI-Nurse;1499863]I agree. The goal, with an injury at your level, would be for you to be able to cath 5-6X daily and never leak between, so not need to wear padding. Either a higher dose of Ditropan, or Ditropan + another anticholenergic med, or a different med all together. You may also want to discuss bladder Botox with your urologist (and your physiatrist).

Remember 28, speak with your physiatrist and not the
                          psychiatrist lol!

Comment

So difficult to avoid leaking as a female. What about Poise pads? A lot more discreet and very absorbent.

I hate that we all go through these bladder trials/failures because there's nothing better out there.
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I'm with Lynnifer. Check out some alternatives to diapers. There are lots of options on the market these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X