Shopping for clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping for clothes

I remember my physician telling me to buy clothes one size bigger than what I wear and while that was great advice I'm finding that I only need to do that if I wear clothing with buttons, snaps, zippers or if the material is jean or corduroy. If it is elastic I tend to buy my actual size and of course this is mainly for skirts or pants. If it's dresses or tops most times I can buy my actual size and still feel pretty comfortable. Shoes on the other hand I find I still have to buy like Double E or WW in women's so I wear boots most of the time except for when I find a pair of new high top tennis shoes. I like to look as nice as possible but still find challenges when I shop especially in tall or plus size. I shop mostly from catalogues but occasionally find a gem in outlet stores or malls, where do YOU find your most attractive clothing to look YOUR best?
    My Accessible Life blog
    https://www.myaccessiblelife.blogspot.com

JOIN me on twitter
    https://twitter.com/#!/myaccesiblelife

Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/MyAccessibleLife

I wore fleece tops and workout pants for most of the year after my injury. In fact, at first, dressing was so darn hard that I wore hubby's boxer briefs with a t-shirt and lovely theraputic corset over it all. 'She walks in beauty like the night'. Not quite!

I'm just now getting back into 'normal' clothes ... and about time, since I'm back at work, too. I can wear most of the clothes I had before the accident, except that I've had to hem my pants up since .... no more stiletto boots for me. Argggg....don't remind me. I miss them shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by truly View Post
      I'm just now getting back into 'normal' clothes ... and about time, since I'm back at work, too. I can wear most of the clothes I had before the accident, except that I've had to hem my pants up since .... no more stiletto boots for me. Argggg....don't remind me. I miss them shoes!
      I know many girls wear those boots..I can wear heels, but must take them off to transfer..if you have the fot plates with the tubing..just hook the heels in them..I usually cross my legs too. Though I have seen some who wear the heels on the foot plate..I swear I can't figure out how they keep them on there like that though..maybe they have really lowered footplates??
      "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

I totter upon canes and nothing but the most basic of footwear will work. I agree, I've seen gals in chairs wearing the most amazing heels and looking really stylish. Someday....maybe......

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
          I know many girls wear those boots..I can wear heels, but must take them off to transfer..if you have the fot plates with the tubing..just hook the heels in them..I usually cross my legs too. Though I have seen some who wear the heels on the foot plate..I swear I can't figure out how they keep them on there like that though..maybe they have really lowered footplates??
          Re: heels - how do you place the heels on your footplate? I have a plate with tubing. I think the only way to put heels on them is to have the heel in the gap in tubing? But then, isn't the heel really low to the ground, and catches on things?

I never wore heels as an ab, because I felt they would make me freakishly tall - I'm 5' 11" already. But now I'm always sat down, I'd like to be able to wear some cute heels.

Re: clothes. I buy lots of mine on ebay. I got some cute silver pumps recently, which I'm really pleased with. It might sound weird, but I like the fact they looked "walked in" already, from the previous owner.
          They were really cheap. They have a good strap, or else they wouldn't stay on my feet.

Comment

yes, they go between the tubes and I guess you could try them on to see if the angle or the heel length would snag on ground...I have never had that problem..and when your cross your legs...you can get the full effect of the sexy shoe

I totally love ebay too! It has been such fun to shop and select my size, and then "soonest ending" and bid at last minute! lol

I found these mule straps you can add to strapless shoes..they work pretty well. www.mymuletto.com
            "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Another ebay fan! I love the last-minute bargains too!

Hmm, maybe I should try a pair of heels and see if I get on with them. I'd never heard of Mulettos! The website made my antivirus tell me there was something malicious about it, so I didn't stay on it long.

Comment

strange about the website? I have two colors gold and blue

and I just got a NWT (new with tags) Calvin Klein Pink Trenchcoat with wool lining for what w to be a trip to Seattle.retail $145..for.under $30! Now that I cancelled the trip ?? maybe I will re-list it nah, I sure it must rain in CA!?

Comment

Yeah, my antivirus told me the site had a malicious downloader, or something, so I clicked off it quick!

Your coat sounds cute, and a bargain too!
                  Oh yes, I'm au fait with ebay lingo, I'm so used to all the NWT, NWOT listings.

These are my pumps. They were about £5 total, which is about $8, I think (?)

Comment

those arent called "pumps" in the US..lol they are ballet flats ) but CUTE! I cant share any pics as I just got a new computer and the guy never showed up to download the data from my old desktop..but I will try to send a pic of the "mulattos" later

but it is not important unless you find a perfect blue mules with gold trim on ebay and MUST have them! )

Comment

Sorry, you are right, we call them ballet flats here too, I was not thinking. It's nearly 1am here. That's my excuse, anyway, lol.

Comment

I also had my antivirus pop up so I shut the page down quickly. Odd
                        A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

Nice to know it's not just me, although hopefully the site hasn't harmed your computer. I think I'm ok.

Comment

I wear heels every day. If you put your feet side by side they should stay together unless you have really bad spasms. Oh yeah and I use a footplate. As for clothes, i just buy whatever I like.
                            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

like wtf, i buy whatever i like. i always buy pants to my size. and jeans and cords are preferable as i hate wearing dresses and skirts(i feel too loose and pants help keep my hips in their sockets).

i'm a sucker for chuck taylors and have them in multiple colors but my fav are my urease pink ones! and seeing as i have kid sized feet, i often buy shoes at journey's.

i love love love short jackets and so forever21 is a fav of mine to shop at.

tops i find the hardest as i have a very large bra size and i have very muscular arms. pants are tough as i have big hips and a small waist but i manage to make it work and have a quirky style.

and i bought a pair of red sequin leggings on ebay that i wore to the pageant! everyone else spent so much money on their dresses and my leggings cost $10 and my top was $15 lol for the crowning i wore pants i bought at goodwill for $5 lol

here are pics from the pageant:
                              http://www.pmtdmwa.com/pictures-2/speech-day

http://www.pmtdmwa.com/pictures-2/2012-pageant-day
                              "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                              http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X