No announcement yet.

SCI and breast implants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't regret at all, but I was flat as a boy after breastfeeding three children. I couldn't find a bra in the shop, because it was nothing. The smallest cup here was AA, it was too big, but I didn't put in a lot, I am only a B/C now.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

What about a breast lift? Any stories to share on that? I am a T7,8,9 and I am a 38DD but looks like I will be fitting into possibly a DDD soon. I have had DDs since I was 14 and I am 25 now. My weight gain hasn't increased but I SWEAR my boobs have and I thought about a reduction but someone told me the recovery time on that would be longer than that of implants...? Would just a lift be better maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by kp.3 View Post
        What about a breast lift? Any stories to share on that? I am a T7,8,9 and I am a 38DD but looks like I will be fitting into possibly a DDD soon. I have had DDs since I was 14 and I am 25 now. My weight gain hasn't increased but I SWEAR my boobs have and I thought about a reduction but someone told me the recovery time on that would be longer than that of implants...? Would just a lift be better maybe?
        I asked my old physiatrist about this and unlike my other docs he didn't laugh. Seems his wife had just researched the same thing after 5 kids. Gravity and quadhood do not go together at all. A lift is harder than augmenting but I don't want bigger and out there; I want them smaller and back where they belong! I don't have any kids and past all but a miracle in that area. We have both been getting a ton of regular tests and other medical stuff taken care of this year but next year I will be seriously researching a reduction and lift. My old doc said he and his wife decided on sexier support bras. After 20 years of being a C6/7 I can't even get my bras on by myself anymore.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

For anyone considering a lift, you might ask about what is called a lollipop lift/reduction. An incision is made in a keyhole shape from bottom of breast up to and around the areola. Tissue is removed and the breast is then sewn together leaving an incision from bottom of breast in a straight line to a circle around the areola, hence the name "lollipop lift." The areola and nipple can be repositioned if needed.

I have not had such a lift, but I have two girlfriends who have. I consider the scarring with each to have been minimal.

Post op required each to wear two sports type bras while the incisions healed. These are ab women and they each had help with care for the first week.

Comment

Why would a SCI-even at a high level- interfere with breast development?
            "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." - My Grammie

Comment

I incourage any women to get implants if it will make her feel better about herself. I got implants before I had my accident. I had them for 10 yrs. They were saline. I was in my wc 3 yrs when they both leaked very slowly so I had not much tits left.
              I went to the plastic surgen and made a very bad dicison. I had them taken out and not put them back in and I have regreted that dicison every since.
              I loved my large C's and cleavage. I guess I was afraid they would ruptue again. Dang I need spell check.
              Mary
              I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
              Van Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by maryonwheels46 View Post
                I incourage any women to get implants if it will make her feel better about herself. I got implants before I had my accident. I had them for 10 yrs. They were saline. I was in my wc 3 yrs when they both leaked very slowly so I had not much tits left.
                I went to the plastic surgen and made a very bad dicison. I had them taken out and not put them back in and I have regreted that dicison every since.
                I loved my large C's and cleavage. I guess I was afraid they would ruptue again. Dang I need spell check.
                Mary

Mary, most implants need to be replaced every ten years or so. It's one of the unfortunate secrets of implants. Of those I know who have them, few were told the implants are not necessarily permanent.

It's good yours were saline when you began having leaks.

Have you thought about having another set?

Comment

Working...
                X