X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrf View Post
    orangejello,

you are right, but what message is better

1) if you dress, act, behave in an unsafe manner it's okay because it's your right and the rapist will be locked in prison after the fact.

2) be aware of your surroundings, save your most sensual attire for those you know well, try to stay with friends, don't get drunk and take ecstasy just prior to getting in a car with men you don't know.
    I would choose 3) hold men criminally accountable for their sexual aggression and violence rather than blaming the female victims (and would be victims) for what they were wearing

Comment

Back in the day when I worked at the power plant, a female officer worker came into the machine shop to speak to one of the foreman. All the guys were making cat calls & whistling. One of the guys I worked with said to me, "I'll bet she is embarrassed!" I said, "Are you kidding? Why do you think she is dressed like that?"

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
      - Barack Obama

Comment

sherocks,

not only rapists there are also murderers,pedophiles,thieves,embezzlers,drug dealers and assaulters and many more out there.be careful.

Comment

orangejello,

your method only prevents repeat rapists from raping a second time. i am concerned about the first time and every time.

Comment

orangejello,

your method only prevents repeat rapists from raping a second time. i am concerned about the first time and every time.
            In that case, I guess if men have such little control, the only option is to sexually castrate all men. That way women won't have to fear being raped if they aren't dressed appropriately while out in public.

Comment

Originally posted by JEAPOW View Post
              I also was appauled to see Chris Brown on Dancing with the stars, so he appologized to media and then broke window, He definately has anger problems, and what message is that sending to our young girls.
              Celebrity will grant you more wishes than a genie.

Fortunately, it works both ways because I know many comedians who use Chris Brown as a punching bag and people, celebrities and those not famous alike, do not forget (don't fret, his album may have debuted at number one, but that doesn't mean it has lasting appeal with the public, it means diehards bought the stupid thing):

Chris Brown has debuted in the top spot on the Billboard 200 chart with his new album, F.A.M.E.. This despite a media backlash against the singer after a violent outburst backstage at Good Morning America.
              Just underneath Brown on the chart is Jennifer Hudson with I Remember Me, and Adele with 21, in the second and third spots respectively. At number four is the Strokes with their fourth studio album, Angles.
              Rounding out the top five is Kirk Franklin with his Hello Fear.

The uproar surrounding Brown's GMA appearance reportedly led to a cold reception backstage during a performance on this week's Dancing With The Stars. "As a victim of domestic violence, I don't agree with him coming on the show, but it's out of my control," Cheryl Burke said shortly after Brown's performance.

An insider at the show told popeater.com that other cast members, including Kirstie Alley and Wendy Williams, were also uncomfortable around Brown.

Comment

orangejello,

agreed. But I think we are trying to say that the dress..itself is not the causation..
                "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Most men have enough self-control to not rape the scantily clad woman beside them. A rapist isn't a person with a self-control, and obviously has more issues in his head than a woman showing a little skin.

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
                    agreed. But I think we are trying to say that the dress..itself is not the causation..
                    Of course, it isn't. I hate hearing such a stupid argument. A rapist doesn't give a shit what you're wearing.

Comment

Perhaps bikinis and bathing suits should be banned since some men can't control themselves?
                      T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

orangejello,

again you attack men. if you castrate all men at birth how are you going to control the crime of murder, how would you keep people from raping women with baseball bats.

i guess i could reply that women should all have their uterus removed to keep their slutty daughters from having babies they can't take care of.but that would be dropping to your level.whoops- here i am!

Comment

todd,

all men have enough self control to not rape a woman. only a sick perverted animal wouldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                            that sediment the way that cop did, but daisey said "no matter how he phrased it".
                            The officer told them they could avoid assaults by not dressing like a slut.

I think we have already established that rape and assault is about control and anger. If you put yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time...it really doesn't matter how you are dressed right?

So no matter how the officer said or phrased the sentence, it was wrong to insinuate that dressing like a slut caused the assault.
                            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

orangejello,

again you attack men. if you castrate all men at birth how are you going to control the crime of murder, how would you keep people from raping women with baseball bats.

i guess i could reply that women should all have their uterus removed to keep their slutty daughters from having babies they can't take care of.but that would be dropping to your level.whoops- here i am!
                              I was being facetious. But I guess that went over your head.

Your second sentence there says a lot. Do you by chance have a daughter?
                              Last edited by orangejello; 3 Apr 2011, 10:21 PM.

Comment

sherocks,

i have said all along that a woman has the right to wear anything legal, i even said that i enjoy looking. but clothes can be a step in promoting your existence to a predator. look at how many sick pricks are willing to show up at a 13 year old girls(or boys) house after sexually conversing with the child on the internet(to catch a predator)trying to have sex with a child. teachers, doctors, lawyers, laborers. we live in a sick world full of sick men and women. don't help them commit their twisted fantasies.

Comment

Working...
                                X