Period problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WLC View Post
    was just wondering if any of you get really cold prior to period? ever since my injury, i'm really cold (more than usual) for a few days. once it starts, i go back to normal.
    I'm always cold. I'll "sweat" more with AD symptoms and that chills me. Some days I am totally non-functional. It seems even my eyelashes "sweat".
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Thank you all for your help!
      Do you have any suggestions on what kind of depends to use? I'm worried during a transfer someone at school will see it. Can I wear underwear over them?

I usually wear capris or jogging pants with an elastic waistband and the undergarments I still have from rehab come up past them almost to my belly button.

I know this sounds stupid but none of my friends know about my bathroom problems and I want to keep it that way.

Comment

Try gettng a sample pack of briefs from this website (there is a charge) and try them out. Some are lower cut than others. I know some who wear a panty girdle or figure "smoother" over their padding to make them less obvious, but of course those can be a pain to get them on and off.

http://www.hdis.com/

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

When I still had 'that time' I wore "adult pull up" briefs, just in case. It really helped.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problems with my period. My bladder especially just goes haywire. It drives me nuts. I have found that the most effective way to get it back under control is an OTC medication called Pyridium. It is usually used by people who have UTIs, but it really calms my bladder down at that time of the month. The Pyridium keeps my bladder from spasming and spontaneously emptying, and since my bladder isn't going nuts, my bowels have less irritating them. Ask your doctor to make sure it is safe for you to take, but it is for most people and, like I said, it is over-the-counter. The generic name for Pyridium is Phenazopyridine.

Comment

I know birth control has already been offered, but I just wanted to echo that method to try. I didn't experience diarreha but I had bad bladder spasms right before and during my period. After I got on birth control the spasms were much less frequent and severe.
              Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
              -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

I always get the shits the day of or day before

Comment

Working...
                X