No announcement yet.

Anybody married out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife is a T3-T4 complete since December. I had to do all of her care initially but now we are moving away from that as she becomes more independent. I still help out with "accidents" and help move her from one spot to the other but generally don't have to do the real gritty stuff anymore. We spend some quality time together but at this time maybe I to am afraid of hurting her and perhaps "using" her so not yet. She has lots of pain. I do have to say that she is still a beautiful woman and I am very attracted to her so maybe one day soon

Comment

My fiance has been with me 8 years and we consider ourselves married. We would be if not for the insurance co. I'm c-5.

Comment

Thank you everybody for your responses. My husband and I are still figuring out how to do "this", and I think just like any other obstacle in a marriage, you either work through it or you don't. We are choosing to work through. He is working through the depression, I am working through the body image issues. That part is taking a while, I have to admit...
        on that note, I do believe the original title of my post was "Any Married Quads out There?'' I am not sure how it got changed???

Comment

My husband is AB. We've been married for a year - and he is my main caregiver. We met a year after my accident.
          We are trying to hire a nanny to help manage the household and some of my care.

Comment

Hey people... C6/7 quad married my boyfriend of 11 years in July of 2008.
            Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 09-12-2009, 11:05 AM.
            "Always look at the bright side of life...."

Comment

So, so gorgeous! Congrats!

Comment

While I realize this thread is older and I dont have any direct input on this topic, Im the AB and my partner is SCI. I found great solace in reading these posts. Its nice to have a place where its normal and completely safe to talk about the stuff we deal with daily! Thanks for having me ladies. Im new around here, if ya didnt notice HA

Comment

Originally posted by Loves2rescue View Post
                  While I realize this thread is older and I dont have any direct input on this topic, Im the AB and my partner is SCI. I found great solace in reading these posts. Its nice to have a place where its normal and completely safe to talk about the stuff we deal with daily! Thanks for having me ladies. Im new around here, if ya didnt notice HA
                  This forum isn't private. Everyone can see these posts.
                  You have to be allowed access to the real Women Only forum and then it's found by scrolling down to the Members Forums.
                  Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Comment

What is the meaning of the picture Leif? I am confused.

My hubby and I will be married 20 years in July 2010. I have been injured 3 years. It has been a rocky road but we are getting better. I am pretty independent with my care. He has helped me in the past. My new doc. wants me more independent but a lot of what he helps me with now is what he has in the past. We have always done a lot of things together. If push came to shove, I could do it. I just hope we can let him know that.

Interesting thread. I hope it continues.

Comment

Working...
                      X