Women - we really need your feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women - we really need your feedback

We at www.mobileWOMEN.org could REALLY use your feedback to make our site as informative as possible. Please take a few minutes to respond to these questions and e-mail to mobilewendy@gmail.com.

1. Who are you? (Healthcare professional, Woman with a disability or friend/family member of someone with a disability?)
    2. How often do you visit mobileWOMEN.org?
    3. What you like and dislike about the website (including the forums)?
    4. What would you like to see included on the site, if anything?
    5. Do you prefer an entire site dedicated to women or would you prefer a single forum within carecure?

Thank you SO MUCH for your interest and participation.

The MobileWomen website is also supported by the Keck Center and Dr. Young's staff. Please check us out!

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Hi Wendy I hope you were doing well!

It seems to be obvious that the site is not getting as many visitors as it should. The number of responses and views to this topic makes that apparent. It is truly a necessary forum for women with spinal cord injuries/diseases. I know that in my own case I am trying to limit my forum visits to just a couple. To answer questions here are my answers.

1. Who are you? (Healthcare professional, Woman with a disability or friend/family member of someone with a disability?)
      I am actually a healthcare professional with a disability, C6 complete quad.

2. How often do you visit mobileWOMEN.org?
      At one time I would visit daily but I have not been there in a couple of months.

3. What you like and dislike about the website (including the forums)?
      I enjoyed the articles and learning about other women in my current situation.

I dislike the number of clicks required in order to enter the forum. But that is just a quad thing!

4. What would you like to see included on the site, if anything?
      Specifics on women's health issues, sex issues and family and job.

5. Do you prefer an entire site dedicated to women or would you prefer a single forum within carecure?
      I think the number of women visiting the site would be greater if it were a forum specifically here on care cure. For example they opened up a money forum which seems to answer a lot of the employment and school questions.

There seem to be a number of new sites popping up directing themselves at women with disabilities. Gimpgirl, BeautyAbility, Chloe Disaboom.

The problem with some of the above sites is that it is not specifically related to spinal cord injury/disease. Although many of us have the same issues with other disabilities in my opinion we are a unique breed.

I hope this was helpful.
      Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

I tried to register at Mobile Women and was never able to get my account activated to be able to login and post. This was quite a while ago. When I emailed about it, I did recieve a friendly reply back. But my account was never fixed. It wouldn't let me re-register with the same email address and I didn't feel like going through the hassle of setting up another email account in order to register under a different user name. I sound negative. Not meaning to be. I really liked what I saw on the site and think a dedicated site just for women is a really great idea and could be a very valuable resource. But the problems I experienced getting my account set up caused me to lose interest.
        Last edited by orangejello; 11-06-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Its hard to go to so many websites all the time, I keep forgetting to visit! I do apologize. Generally I clik new posts here when visiting and there is always SO many pages to get through.

How about something here, since you are related w Keck?

This website has always offerred a professional safe "feeling" atmosphere.

Thanks

Comment

I have visited there but not often. I think a forum in carecure would be easier for a lot of people. Especially if it could be like the caregivers forum where it is a little more private.
            However the website has a lot of other interesting things that i would hate to see gone.
            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

That was my thought as well addisue. A private forum here, b/x we all know what will happen to a thread about a woman';s issue, but keep the other information up on the site. There are a lot of interesting magazine type articles. I wonder if you could subscribe. and be notified when it updates.
              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I had a similar problem. once you register, cant log in.

Comment

After having consulted with Wendy Crawford, what I have decided is that we will create a Mobile Women forum on CareCure that will be moderated by Wendy Crawford and Patricia Morton. If there is interest, we can create a private Women's Forum, similar to the Caregiver Only Forum which allows interactions that are not open to the public.

Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                    After having consulted with Wendy Crawford, what I have decided is that we will create a Mobile Women forum on CareCure that will be moderated by Wendy Crawford and Patricia Morton. If there is interest, we can create a private Women's Forum, similar to the Caregiver Only Forum which allows interactions that are not open to the public.

Wise.
                    cool.
                    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

I would love a private women's forum on carecure!
                      http://www.laughwithmecrywithme.com
                      my website & blog

Comment

me too. sounds great!

ps ..... I see the forum is up and running!
                        Last edited by sjean423; 11-16-2008, 11:57 PM.
                        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
                        X