Great new shower chair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great new shower chair!

I found this great new shower chair online. It helps you transfer into the shower or bath without using a transfer bench. Seems really safe. Does anyone have any thoughts on this chair. It is called the ShowerBuddy. There website is www.myshowerbuddy.com.

One post vadim?? I would say vadim is trying to market this piece of junk. It looks like it has more parts than an oil refinery.

Comment

Why not be just up front about it, and say "Hey I am marketing this ....." instead of the "I just happened to run across this web site, so figured I would joins yours and post about it ....."
      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

"Elimination through Innovation"? What a horrible tagline for a commode chair.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey
          One post vadim?? I would say vadim is trying to market this piece of junk. It looks like it has more parts than an oil refinery.
          Smokey you crack me up....yup you and me would get along fine.....lmao....we think alike......lol
          Art

Comment

Sorta looks like a real old dentist chair to me....doesnt it Smokey?....roflmao

Art
            Art

Comment

I just joined CareCure but I wish I'd have known about this site a month ago when I bought an expensive piece of junk called Showerbuddy.

Vadim Zitser is the Director of Sales and Marketing for this company which sells a product "Designed in New Zealand" but made in China.

I don't think that anyone associated with Showerbuddy has a clue about the needs of spinal cord injured users.

For starters, the chair is extremely heavy. It comes with alot of connector widgets that are hard to maneuver. In my chair, one of the screw holes was drilled too large and the factory installed hardware fell out.

The seat is hard as a rock and has a rough textured finish that tears skin. In addition, the seat is not adjustable for side BP users. The edges of the cut-away are sharp and, in my case landed right over my tailbone.

The footrest has 12 hard plastic orange pieces on it so you have to wear shoes when sitting for a transfer.

I wasted good money on this and I want to make my first post on this forum warning others about this product if you are in the market for sliding shower and tub systems.

I learned my lesson and will no longer buy products from websites that use cartoon pictures and animation.

Shame on you for your fake post.

Comment

How does it different from Shower Helper and/or Bath Helper? (http://www.sisuscorp.com/BathHelper.html )
                Shower Helper seems very same as this Shower buddy.

I am planing to buy either Bath Helper or Nuprodx multiChair 6000 and need to make a decision in one or two days.

Can you guys give me any feed back?

Comment

To me, it looks like Showerbuddy just copied the exact design of the Sisus piece and added a bunch of goofy orange plastic pieces to make it look different. It looks like these models are geared more towards the Geriatric market and are not for SCI.

Nuprodx is the Bentley of sliding chairs. I tried to save money by getting Showerbuddy and now have to save up for the multichair 6000. Bed baths and BP on chux until then.

Read the other posts on Nuprodux. Nothing negative at all.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Oh, and the Sisus products look like they have brakes on all 4 casters. SB only has them on the front 2. SB has a chest belt. It does not look like Bath or Shower helper has any restraints which again makes me think they are more for geriatrics with balance problems or arthritis to avoid slip/falls.

Comment

Thanks cmoore,
                      I decided to go for nuprodx. I will post my experience later.

Comment

A little more information about Showerbuddy

Hello my name is Israel Gamburd and I represent ShowerBuddy In the USA and Canada. I noticed this blog and wanted to clarify some things about Showerbuddy shower chairs. Showerbuddy is an original design and has a patent. Sisus is a knockoff of the original Showerbuddy unit but an older model. We don't make chairs that you can travel with, our chairs were NOT designed for and we dont market it for that use. However we have units and features that no one else has. A shower chair that will roll into a tub and tilt SB2T and a shower chair that can roll into a shower stall SB1 (original and patented). We have secondary brakes on all our models! Should you have any questions please call me (877)769-2833 Ext 86

Comment

Another alternative

As a c5-6 quad, I invented the Go-Anywhere Chair because I could not find anything on the market that was feasible or affordable for my own use. I believe that our chairs are far superior to anything out there. We've received many comments from people who are using GO! Mobility's products after trying the others whom have told us so.

We will even send you one of our Go-Anywhere portable commode / shower chairs to try and if you don't like it, return it with no re-stocking fee. We offer this option because we do not work with dealers or distributors who require a 30-40-, or more percent mark-up which only sends prices that much higher. One of the few people that have actually returned one was the owner of Sisus (I just discovered this a week or so ago) who, I guess, wanted to check-out our product first-hand, before "inventing" his. Of course, (attempted) imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
                          Rick Goldstein
                          GO! Mobility Solutions
                          facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Well that offer certainly seems like your putting your money where your mouth is and I can't say that I've ever heard of a DME company that's made an offer like that before. According to cmoore, Showerbuddy is a knock-off of Showerbuddy. I've looked at the Sisus chair and it sure looks like a knock-off of Go Mobility, so I'm not sure who's knockin' off who! I had contacted Sisus and if memory serves, their prices were through the roof as are the Nuprodx chairs. I am currently in the market for a new shower chair and may very well take you up on your offer.

Comment

You're welcome to contact me directly kjon and I'll take care of you personally. We'll ship you out whichever of our Gp-Anywhere Chairs you like, you give it a try and if, for ANY reason, you don't think it works for ya, return it and we'll refund 100% of the cost of the chair. And this offer goes to anybody who would like to give our portable commode / shower chairs a try.
                              Rick Goldstein
                              GO! Mobility Solutions
                              facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

Working...
                              X