Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuentejps
    replied
    Another new review of the Stricker Para Smart attachable.

Seth writes-

"I bought a Stricker “Smart Para” hybrid hand cycle from John Squires at Bike-On last month and it’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. I’ve been a T-3 paraplegic for 32 years since age 7, and getting out in the environment and getting exercise has always been a top priority - but not always the easiest thing to do. I’ve tried lots of different types of hand cycles over the years and this Stricker bike is the best combination of thoughtful technology, ease of use, and FUN that I’ve come across.

The design of the universal attachment clamps that Stricker designed is brilliant and something that I’ve been searching for for a long time. It requires no other permanent attachment plates or receivers to be installed on your wheelchair, so no extra modifications or added weight to your chair. It also attaches in under 60 seconds, so no hassle whatsoever. The build quality is TOP NOTCH all the way around and the bike feels incredibly solid, stable, and comfortable.

The hybrid portion of the bike is where it really shines for mobility and exercise. Having the ability to engage the pedal assist electric hub motor whenever needed allows me to finally climb long gradual hills on the bike trails without struggle. I can now fly UP most inclines at a speedy 16-18mph! With previous styles of hand cycles, these same hills were exhausting and took me forever to climb.

The thumb throttle is beautifully integrated on the left handle to allow getting up to around 5mph from a stop using the hub motor in order to start pedaling the cranks with your arms much easier - especially at stop signs or road crossings. This was something I didn’t even know I wanted but works so nicely!

The bike also fits in my van without any issues. We slide it right next to my wheelchair in the middle of the van after rolling it up the ramp once my wheelchair is inside (having an able-bodied person to help with this is easiest if possible and will depend on what type of vehicle / van you have).

John at Bike-On was spot-on with his recommendation of this bike to me and I couldn’t be happier. He is great to work with and I’d recommend John and the Stricker bikes to anybody!

-Seth Bove

*Bike pictured here attached to my Hands On Concepts (HOC) custom titanium chair."
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fuentejps
    replied
    C5-6 QUAD

Leave a comment:

• fuentejps
    started a topic Stricker attachable handcycle sale

Stricker attachable handcycle sale

SALE-
    ​​​​​​I always say if I only had one piece of equipment to choose from it would be my Stricker Tetra Smart hands-down.
    It is leaps and bounds above any of the other attachable handcycles on the market and when you get into the cheap ones at the low price points its like hooking a wet noodle to your chair I would not even sell one to a customer!
    A Quad Elite exclusive!
    John@bike-on.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	C3CC5228-5438-4DF0-9C66-6C10B7B21EC5.JPG Views:	46 Size:	509.5 KB ID:	2908247
    See John Mackenzie's(pictured above) review below.

John writes:
    ““I have been in a wheelchair for 14 years, I grew up racing motocross, skateboarding and riding BMX, and after my injury the loss of those activities left a huge hole in my life. I have tried wheelchair rugby, racing wheelchairs and traditional handcycles and nothing allowed me the freedom to independently experience the same feelings my old sports did.
    Enter the Stricker.
    I have spent a lot of money on various pieces of adaptive equipment that have failed to live up to the hype, but the Stricker is the best piece of adaptive equipment I have ever purchased post injury. It allows me the ability to get out and put in miles and challenge myself all on my own. Without hand function I can control every aspect of the bike, from putting it on, to shifting, to taking it off, it is the perfect set up for a quad, I wish every quad had one!
    John was super easy to work with and made every step of the way super easy!”

Last edited by fuentejps; 7 Apr 2021, 8:13 AM.
Working...
X