Is thereOf hoping approval comes before a power Permobil rep here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is thereOf hoping approval comes before a power Permobil rep here

my C 300 is nearing the end of its useful life as expected via design (planned obsolescence or Poor quality control since Sweden)
    Spline gears and pilot-servo motor failure.
    Replacement chair process started 1 1/2 years ago through Medicare, minus several months due to Covid and now I am doing the delicate balancing act of hoping approval comes before the drive and tilt recline Motors fail. I was already warned not to go on walkabouts. could be now or within the next six weeks. Anyone have any special knowledge on manual operation of tilt recline possibility?

No manual for any actuators except for the lift/raise.

Took 3 months to get my new chair. I got RX from my neurologist. When PT called to set up appointment, I told them what I wanted (F3). Soon after I went to PT and Permobil rep was there. They took a few measurement and we talked about some things I wanted on chair. They delivered it to me.

1 1/2 years tells me someone has dropped the ball. I would ask them what is the problem and is there something you need to do.
    Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway
    Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Yes GEARHEAD you’re absolutely right, thank you for responding, it took more than me just asking what’s wrong here, it took my intervention.
      I have nothing but endearing respect for those handling my wheelchair effort and they only initiated their work as of January 1.
      It was the rehab clinic that dragged it over 12 months just to get 1st appointment, so it’s not really on them.
      Back to the seminal question: is there a manual way to tilt/recline and off-load to protect my skin?

My NSM order text still has me in the pending insurance approval stage((:

Comment

The Covid situation has slowed a lot of facilities. This may explain some of the delay.

Power tilt/recline has no manual over ride.

I had to replace my tilt/recline actuator on my old C300. The gears stripped due to the seat frame/tilt plate was binding (bushings were worn out). Had to replace seat frame/tilt frame too (that was a big heavy job).

The tilt actuators are not very hard to replace for an AB person. 2 bolts remove actuator but some seat back disassembly (not much) needed to disconnect actuator electrical connector. If you can get someone to get the numbers off the label of your bad actuator, you may find a used one on Ebay (about $150 or less). Ebay search "C300 tilt actuator", compare numbers on their label with your numbers.
        Note: before removal, mark location of tie wraps and amount of slack in wiring (wires need to move and flex). Try to duplicate the layout when reassembling. Silver Sharpie and camera are my "go to" tools for this.
        Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

GEAR,
          as an Asia D were you able to do yourself or by proxy?
          my room resembles a workshop but I can't hold a wrench.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
            GEAR,
            as an Asia D were you able to do yourself or by proxy?
            my room resembles a workshop but I can't hold a wrench.
            My daughter helped me with the recline seat frame (very heavy). I could not have done it solo, we both struggled with it. I have the mechanical mind but atrophy has limited my abilities. I can do some things solo like replacing recline actuator but it was tough. The routing of the wiring is entertaining. Gotta check all connectors because some are easily disturbed (loose connection)

I can relate to dropping wrenches. I play/work in my garage often. Some days are OK but I count when I drop stuff. 12 drops and I quit for the day. That's my frustration management.
            Steve Mcqueen (Mr Cool)

Comment

Working...
            X