Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Device To Power Manual Wheelchairs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Would You Like Test Our Power Add-On?!

    Hey everyone!

    Our team needs 4 more wheelchair users ready and willing to test the ProPulse for 3-4 weeks starting September 13th!

    We would come to you, attach the device, and teach you how to use it. All we ask is that you give us constant feedback on what you love, hate, or would like to see improvements on before the product launch.

    Since day one, we have been dedicated to being led by the users and not the technology. Now it's time to bring the two together.

    If you are interested and are in the DALLAS, HOUSTON, or AUSTIN area please contact me at:

    citryne.contact@gmail.com



    Fore more info on the device go to:
    www.citryne.com
    or
    search citryneofficial on instagram/facebook


    It's been a great journey with everyone on the forum so far. We can't wait to make you proud

    -Juan and the Citryne Team

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by nonoise View Post
      Phil wrote:
      "If you are running two motors and reversing one, spinning around IMO won't wok unless the virtual "axle" of the machine tires is directly below the WC axle."

      Phil is smart. I agree with what he said.
      These things just might already be protected by a patent.
      pat@beachmobility.com

      Comment


        #48
        First glimpses

        https://www.instagram.com/p/B1xKmT2p...=1xpyrz0qdem1m
        "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

        "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by pattherat View Post
          These things just might already be protected by a patent.
          Since you have invented an add on, your advice should be taken seriously. Quickly thinking about it I doubt their would be any issue with the brushless hub motors but you never know. The controller might be different can of worms though.
          Last edited by nonoise; 30 Aug 2019, 6:24 PM. Reason: clarity
          I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by nonoise View Post
            Since you have invented an add on, your advice should be taken seriously. Quickly thinking about it I doubt their would be any issue with the brushless hub motors but you never know. The controller might be different can of worms though.

            I see a lot problems with this device and I'm sure it won't work in it's current form. Seems like they have put the cart before the horse and have not done any real world testing before announcing its debut. All the things needed to make this work would almost surely violate my patent. I'm all for new ideas but this one lacks common sense and simple physics.

            Omnidirectional drive wheels look cool but they'd only be useful when the motors are off and they are in freewheel mode, assuming they have brakes, and you want to turn your chair manually. I see no other reason. There are so many other problems but I guess they'll find out during testing.
            pat@beachmobility.com

            Comment


              #51
              Some potentially relevant light reading...

              https://patents.google.com/patent/US8430189B2/en

              https://patents.google.com/patent/US20100300777A1/en

              https://patents.google.com/patent/US9775755B2/en

              So, are each of those the same? I dunno how patents work.

              Here is the category:

              https://patents.google.com/?q=(A61G5%2f047)
              Last edited by Oddity; 31 Aug 2019, 11:21 AM.
              "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

              "If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                ...

                So, are each of those the same? I dunno how patents work...
                Each of those talk about lifting the rear wheels off the ground. Otherwise the new device is completely up the creek. The question might be is the purpose and function the same as what is described in the patent? I know nothing about patents, Pat does, they need to take heed.
                I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by pattherat View Post
                  I see a lot problems with this device and I'm sure it won't work in it's current form. Seems like they have put the cart before the horse and have not done any real world testing before announcing its debut. All the things needed to make this work would almost surely violate my patent. I'm all for new ideas but this one lacks common sense and simple physics.

                  Omnidirectional drive wheels look cool but they'd only be useful when the motors are off and they are in freewheel mode, assuming they have brakes, and you want to turn your chair manually. I see no other reason. There are so many other problems but I guess they'll find out during testing.
                  Pat, you patent is a work of art.

                  I think the omni wheels will work if they can control them for all speeds, but they might not be spaced far enough apart for control. I've never figured out how their brake claim works especially now after reading the complete unit only weighs 11 lbs. That suggests motors smaller than standard bicycle hub motors, (my hacked smartdrive, one motor, no battery is 10 lbs).
                  I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    @nonoise @oddity @pattherat @all I don't want you or anyone else on this thread to feel like we haven't thoroughly read through these most recent responses.

                    This project exists because of one single reason, we think that independent mobility should be an undeniable right. No one should be denied it because of insurance, financial problems. medical dept, or whatever other excuse. It just so happens that the path we took to get there was creating a much more useful power assist device. We are fed up with large companies charging the price of a car to throw an electric wheel on the back of a chair. There is no excuse for that.

                    All four of us work on the ProPulse 45 hours every week on top of our full time jobs but it doesn't feel like it. It's crazy because when we start working on this the concept of time just disappears. Before we know it it's four in the morning and we are surrounded by hundreds of nuts/bolts, circuit boards, etc.

                    With that said, the design is constantly evolving. Every week we build a new version that is sometimes significantly different than the last. If its's a huge improvement, we keep building on that. This makes answering very specific technical questions difficult to do (of course there are also IP concerns). But every time someone brings up a potential technical problem, it's extremely helpful for our team. So please keep them coming!

                    Patents were mentioned above.We still have not found any patent that will conflict with what we are doing.

                    I know I say this entirely too often but thank you to everyone that has been supporting us along the way. I truly appreciate every response you post to our threads. Sometimes (probably a lot of times) we say some silly stuff that is common sense to the community but we're learning more by the day. We honestly couldn't do this without you.

                    My apologies for the long response...

                    -Juan Diego

                    Comment


                      #55
                      If you want information on power chairs and more technical knowledge than most chair makers go to http://www.wheelchairdriver.com/board/index.php prepare for some criticism, it's the norm

                      Comment


                        #56
                        @mrb Thank you for sending that! We actually hate it when people just tell us how 'amazing the idea is' and 'it's perfect'. That doesn't help us at all! lol we want to know how we can make it better!!! Always room for improvement.

                        Anyway, I'm looking forward to new feedback.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Have you got anyone using a unit yet?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by ProPulse View Post
                            @nonoise @oddity @pattherat @all I don't want you or anyone else on this thread to feel like we haven't thoroughly read through these most recent responses.

                            This project exists because of one single reason, we think that independent mobility should be an undeniable right. No one should be denied it because of insurance, financial problems. medical dept, or whatever other excuse. It just so happens that the path we took to get there was creating a much more useful power assist device. We are fed up with large companies charging the price of a car to throw an electric wheel on the back of a chair. There is no excuse for that.

                            All four of us work on the ProPulse 45 hours every week on top of our full time jobs but it doesn't feel like it. It's crazy because when we start working on this the concept of time just disappears. Before we know it it's four in the morning and we are surrounded by hundreds of nuts/bolts, circuit boards, etc.

                            With that said, the design is constantly evolving. Every week we build a new version that is sometimes significantly different than the last. If its's a huge improvement, we keep building on that. This makes answering very specific technical questions difficult to do (of course there are also IP concerns). But every time someone brings up a potential technical problem, it's extremely helpful for our team. So please keep them coming!

                            Patents were mentioned above.We still have not found any patent that will conflict with what we are doing.

                            I know I say this entirely too often but thank you to everyone that has been supporting us along the way. I truly appreciate every response you post to our threads. Sometimes (probably a lot of times) we say some silly stuff that is common sense to the community but we're learning more by the day. We honestly couldn't do this without you.

                            My apologies for the long response...

                            -Juan Diego
                            @Propulse, keep up the good work and moving forward with your project. Some manufacturers in this industry get a product to market and then do nothing to improve it. So, it's really nice to see your enthusiasm for constantly improving the product.

                            Comment


                              #59
                              @baldfatdad Next month will be our first round of testing with the wheelchair community

                              Once that happens, I'll start a new thread with pics/videos to share how the testing is going.

                              -Juan Diego

                              Comment


                                #60
                                @giles88 Thank you very much for the encouragement. It means a lot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X