Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheaper Alternative For The Segway Wheelchair

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cheaper Alternative For The Segway Wheelchair

    Hi I'm Milosz,
    I produce wheelchair kits for the Segway. Since Segway merged with Ninebot I decided to make a kit for the Ninebot as well. It's much cheaper than the Segway. I've been testing it for some time now and must say that it's quite good compared to the Segway. Has quite a bit of features that the Segway lacks:
    • smartphone app
    • much shorter stopping distance
    • much more quiet
    • lighter
    • stop light in the back


    I will make a video comparison and post it on youtube soon.
    Here are is a picture of it.


    More information available here: http://blumil.com/pages/new-blumil

    #2
    Looks really good.

    Just saying.. looking at the website, The white on white is really hard to see. Maybe take photo's with a colored back ground for contrast ?

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
      Looks really good.

      Just saying.. looking at the website, The white on white is really hard to see. Maybe take photo's with a colored back ground for contrast ?
      Thank you for the comment. We tried black, but then the wheels and the upholstery wasn't visible. It will be best when we have some out of the studio photos.

      Comment


        #4
        I have to admit, dropping $6K on a Segway was a sticking point for me. I'd love to hear your impressions on how that Ninebot functions, as my past experience with Chinese clone electronics in a few other hobbies resulted in occasional spooky experiences. With something that can literally put you in the hospital...the stakes get higher. I guess now that Xiaomi/Ninebot owns Segway, I'm hoping that they just directly copied the relevant technology. I'm sure you have been watching the Ninebot introduction a lot more than I have, is there a chance that the "Segway Fail" category on YouTube will be surpassed by the Ninebot, or is it truly comparable to the Segway?

        ETA: I was looking at your videos...are the Ninebot wheels smaller than the Segway? Would you say that the Segway would be a better choice for a tall/220 lb. person with off-pavement usage than the Ninebot?
        Last edited by Andy; 27 Apr 2016, 10:36 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Andy View Post
          I have to admit, dropping $6K on a Segway was a sticking point for me. I'd love to hear your impressions on how that Ninebot functions, as my past experience with Chinese clone electronics in a few other hobbies resulted in occasional spooky experiences. With something that can literally put you in the hospital...the stakes get higher. I guess now that Xiaomi/Ninebot owns Segway, I'm hoping that they just directly copied the relevant technology. I'm sure you have been watching the Ninebot introduction a lot more than I have, is there a chance that the "Segway Fail" category on YouTube will be surpassed by the Ninebot, or is it truly comparable to the Segway?

          ETA: I was looking at your videos...are the Ninebot wheels smaller than the Segway? Would you say that the Segway would be a better choice for a tall/220 lb. person with off-pavement usage than the Ninebot?
          Hi Andy. It's hard to say at this point. I've had the Segway for 2 years and the Ninebot I have for about a month. What I can say for sure is that it's not a faulty Chinese product. Additionally it has a lot of features that the Segway doesn't. Much lighter, almost silent, very, very quick stop, stop light in the back, phone app. I want to have a head to head test next week to see how they really perform.
          I'm tall as well and the height doesn't change the performance.
          I haven't tested the Ninebot off road yet, so I can't make any recommendations yet.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks, I look forward to your impressions

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Andy View Post
              Thanks, I look forward to your impressions
              Hi Andy. I'm testing all the time both, so I can give people recommendations. What's the main thing I've noticed so far, is the size of the frame. It makes such a big difference if you are seating comfortably. Having the Standard and the Large frame really is the key factor to this.
              There are a lot of small differences between the Ninebot and the Segway. But both of them are just far better than any other wheelchair or power assist I have ever tried. There is always the matter of price, but with the Ninebot (or a used Segway), the gyroscope wheelchair is now comparable to other products on the market.
              I'm writing this not as a Blumil manufacturer, but as a wheelchair user, who has been disabled for almost 20 years and is trying to live without boundaries.

              How much off road do you want to go Andy?

              Comment


                #8
                Sorry for the late reply...

                I agree with you regarding an adapted wide-market commercial product being better than any of the 'wheelchair' type solutions being produced. As far as the extent of off-road usage, I see this thing mainly going across grass as 'off road' usage, so nothing particularly challenging. And broken pavement. I do not currently have a vehicle which could haul an adapted Segway type device, so pretty much all of the usage will be on lawns, and possibly some sidewalk/alley usage around the house. And I would like to try to push a self propelled lawn mower as I saw a guy on YouTube doing that with an adapted Segway.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  Sorry for the late reply...

                  I agree with you regarding an adapted wide-market commercial product being better than any of the 'wheelchair' type solutions being produced. As far as the extent of off-road usage, I see this thing mainly going across grass as 'off road' usage, so nothing particularly challenging. And broken pavement. I do not currently have a vehicle which could haul an adapted Segway type device, so pretty much all of the usage will be on lawns, and possibly some sidewalk/alley usage around the house. And I would like to try to push a self propelled lawn mower as I saw a guy on YouTube doing that with an adapted Segway.
                  If it's grass, coble stones, broken pavement, then it's no problem at all. A lot depends on the tires anyway. In my Segway, I've replaced the standard tires to Heidenau. From that time it performs much better. I think the same is possible with the Ninebot.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm confused. The Ad says it is a one piece unit for -$4K but the FAQ's say it is an add on kit ! Which is correct?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Bob Sullivan View Post
                      I'm confused. The Ad says it is a one piece unit for -$4K but the FAQ's say it is an add on kit ! Which is correct?
                      Hey Bob, I'm sorry I replied earlier, but I can't see it, so apparently I didn't post it. It is basically an add on kit, but in some countries the dealers connect the 2 devices and sell it as a complete wheelchair.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I wanted to share an in depth review of the Ninebot Blumil

                        Comment


                          #13
                          So the price of the add on is $4K and then added to the base. I'm out.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            i am looking at the libertyp1 from living spinal as that 1 the arms raise and i could transfer the bulumi i could not as they are fixed also it has a training wheel and self sabilizer for 6900

                            Comment


                              #15
                              very cool.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X