Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4x4 & 2wd Truck and SUV Wheelchair Lift - New - Cheaper and can be on older vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4 & 2wd Truck and SUV Wheelchair Lift - New - Cheaper and can be on older vehicles

We have just finished all testing on our Rocky Homestead Wheelchair Lift in a 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4. Everything is solid and sound and can even jack the side of the truck up without hesitation. This system can be installed in the 08-up Chevrolet / GMC Products AND many other vehicles. Cost wise upwards of 7000.00 less than others, system is beyond sturdy.
    Base model has no extra micro switches and electrical to fail at the wrong moment, no safety switches for always on, ect.
    Now you can afford the vehicle and conversion instead of just one. We all know anything medical or wheelchair wise is high. This is why we did this simply put. I needed a 4x4 that could go where I wanted and needed to go. I couldn't pull 70,000 out of my pocket and buy a new converted 4x4 truck and wanted a Suburban.
    Each build is can be customized to your chair. Note: Some electric chairs are simply too wide or high for any typical passenger vehicle to fit in safely.
    Head Height has always been an issue but we have 58" on most GMC and Chevrolet Extended cab, Crew Cab, Suburban, and more.
    Made to order; have your desired vehicle in question and we can give a quote. Price ranges 15,000 - 28,000 with your choice of what to have completed such as base model to luxury.
    Made for people with common knowledge of driving from wheelchair adapted vehicles and knowing what head height, width, ect they need. We will likely have a chair on sight to conform to the vehicle on specialty vehicles.

Website will be up shortly. Pic at pagesofwisdom.com/project/suburban.jpg (cant seem to upload a pic here for some reason)

Can be installed in Mountain Grove MO and we can arrange shipping for incomming and after hands on approval we can arrange transport home if needed.

Andrew

Looking forward to seeing your website... here's the photo linked above.

Comment

I have a Jeep Wrangler..gutted inside..can this life work with power chair?
      Louie Gonzalez
      C6 C7

Comment

Good job Andrew and Co. Need more innovators out there bringing the costs down...

Comment

Originally posted by Louie0611 View Post
          I have a Jeep Wrangler..gutted inside..can this life work with power chair?
          Is it the 4 door version? If so, yes on most years.
          2 door version could be with a lot of cutting and loss of bed area.
          Last edited by Andrew77; 15 Dec 2014, 5:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roller View Post
            Good job Andrew and Co. Need more innovators out there bringing the costs down...
            Thanks. We have 42 items for wheelchair involved areas but the liability keeps 90 percent from going to market.

Comment

I have 04 Jeep Wrangler Sport Trail Rated.
              It was my dads and I was thinking of talking with someone about a platform lift for it. I wouldn't need anything but to get up into it. It would be a second vehicle and only used while I was with someone so they could mess with my chair once i was inside. My car would be for everyday town driving still.
              Anyone have idea's?

Comment

Originally posted by crash86 View Post
                I have 04 Jeep Wrangler Sport Trail Rated.
                It was my dads and I was thinking of talking with someone about a platform lift for it. I wouldn't need anything but to get up into it. It would be a second vehicle and only used while I was with someone so they could mess with my chair once i was inside. My car would be for everyday town driving still.
                Anyone have idea's?
                I have a sketch of that but never created. Thats actually pretty simple to build depending on what you want to show on the outside of the vehicle. Note that comment was coming from me who has someone to build my ideas.

I have a 79 Chevy 4x4 that can be drove from wheelchair and over serious Missouri terrain for 700+- in parts to build. However, it isnt road legal. If you want to go back and forth on it by email just message me.

Comment

Please let us know when your website is working.

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
                    Please let us know when your website is working.
                    http://rockyhomesteadlift.com/

Trying to get all the info ready. We are super busy and going to have videos and content within a week.

Comment

That's a pretty kick ass set up. Have you had a chance to crash test one yet? The Vantage Minivans I know have been crash tested. They stand up pretty good from what I understand. I believe one of the original owners lives out here in Phoenix but I'm not positive about that.
                      C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                      Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

Originally posted by rybread View Post
                        That's a pretty kick ass set up. Have you had a chance to crash test one yet? The Vantage Minivans I know have been crash tested. They stand up pretty good from what I understand. I believe one of the original owners lives out here in Phoenix but I'm not positive about that.
                        Have not crash tested yet BUT with the current setup the side that is modified is 3 times as strong at the frame (boxed and added steel), the lift system which has the chair lockdown is mounted and made where the vehicle would have to be cut in half in two places before any movement would take place. The doors are plated with 3/8" & 1/2" steel similar to bullet proof vehicles and have 4 points of locking.
                        We are waiting on the non-provisional patent to come back and community interest before destroying a vehicle which I look forward to.
                        Everything within this setup was made similar to military grade or higher. I refused any part that was not going to last even with abuse.
                        As we all know it really sucks to hit the button and nothing happens or door opens and ramp or lift doesn't function. Microswitches, linear actuators, and small electrical motors fail constantly on the minivans. We were the first to modify the IMS van conversion door setup with a much larger motor and chain setup to try to get them to produce something other than wiper motors to move the side door. With the motor inside the cabin and 20x the power it has not caused an issue in 8-10 years as apposed to every 6 months.
                        Its so much easier to do it right the first time and if a part on this system fails you can get a local to fix it with a part bought locally or online. No need for specialty parts from us unless the vehicle was in a wreck and damaged the main steel structure.

Comment

This is awesome..it's a 4 dr 2011 jeep..
                          Louie Gonzalez
                          C6 C7

Comment

Originally posted by Louie0611 View Post
                            This is awesome..it's a 4 dr 2011 jeep..
                            With the curvature of the rear door and the compact design it would likely have the horizontal ram ect where the people in the rear seat put their feet. If your not concerned with loosing the rear passenger area or having the passengers have to have their feet 10" higher than normal it can be done.
                            It would require a custom setup but would end up in the same price range.

Comment

That's not a problem..how much?$$$$
                              Louie Gonzalez
                              C6 C7

Comment

Working...
                              X