Icon Wheelchairs - new US pricing for the Icon A1 - $2,595 msrp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canuck View Post
    I'll vouch for Jeff's willingness to work with any dealer. I messaged Jeff last week asking about a demo out here in bc, in no time Jeff was back to me with the sales reps contact info, I linked up my dealer with the sales rep and I'm hoping to see the demo this coming week.
    I also have had the same experience with Jeff. I was able trial an Icon about two years ago, but at the time, the dealer I was working with didn't really seem interested in supporting Icon. I got in contact with Jeff, and he referred be directly to an area rep, who has been working with several dealers to get another Icon for me to trial.

Comment

I'm hoping my dealer will become one, they're trying to get a idea of the potential market in the area.

Comment

Lin -- Ugh, this pisses me off so much to hear that your DME is not doing what they need to do and what they agreed to do. I am hoping that you are right, and that she is just being lazy. We had to fight a similar hostile situation, and one thing that helped, especially on the laziness factor, was to write up everything so it could be copy/pasted. I've seen a lot of the Medicare/Medicaid evaluation forms on line, so maybe you can just fill it in for the lazy [I wanted to say the C word] and e-mail it to her. If she is the power hungry sort, and feels she needs to be in control, like ours was, include a few things that are optional that she can take off to boost her ego.
        Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Oh its not the DME, the DME has been wonderful. My new one that is, not the old one that I finally left after all the shit. This is the occupational therapist who will be performing my wheelchair evaluation for vocational rehabilitation. She has to sign off on every item as being what best meets my needs before voc rehab will fund it. Its different from going through medicaid. Though considering I've had a new diagnosis since I received my wheelchair, and how enthusiastic my Drs are about changing my current chair to the Icon, if she fights me I might be able to just get the Icon through medicaid.

The DME and the guy I've worked with there has been wonderful so far. He spent 3 hours with my friday as we went over the Icon, and then just very brief over the smart drive because of how late it was and he admitted I knew more about it than he did anyway, because he hadn't used one since they changed to indoor/outdoor modes and the switches. In fact we were talking about my vicair cushion, and he has a friend thats a rep for them and asked me if I'd be interested in trying out new products. He said the friend gives him stuff all the time and wants feedback, and he tries it out but he's not a wheelchair user himself. So I may get free stuff! He did say if I needed any extra air cells he has bags and bags of them. I am waiting for my cushion (the part that holds the air cells) to be replaced right now because of a rip, they didn't say anything about having to send the old one in so I'm thinking maybe I'll go ahead and sew it myself (I didn't already do that because I was told it would void the warranty) and ask him for air cells and have a backup, not to mention great cat bed since my cat steals my cushion the second I set it down somewhere or am not in my chair.
          Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Lin, so funny about your cat and vicair. (I have a vicair, too, and love it.)
            Chas
            TiLite TR3
            Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
            I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
            <
            UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Have you seen the new vicair? They have improved covers, and the inner cushion is improved and breathable. My DME guy was saying the new covers are really impressive. I like the increased breath-ability, thats the biggest issue I have with the vicair. I asked and he said the new inner part would work fine with my cover and air cells, so I wonder how much it would cost to just replace that.

I'm interested in trying out a stimulite for the increased air flow, and get even lower. But I was able to get completely low enough in the Icon with my vicair cushion. I had my roommate take a picture to show the OT. I've got my 25 wheels on it, and my fingers can reach the center of the axle easy. In my chair, they're a good couple inches away. So if I don't like the stimulite (hoping to be able to try one out at the evaluation) I'll go ahead and stick with my vicair. Maybe in the future upgrade to the newer more breathable one.
              Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I haven't seen the new one. Mine is working great so I'm good. Anyway I'm due for a new chair in a year (4th year order anniversary was last week). I have a spare foam cushion if need be.

On second thought, I might already have the new cover. My original one tore, and the replacement is far sturdier. My inner case is not breathable.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Comment

Working...
                X