TiLite Wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops
    Last edited by WaveWolf; 12 Dec 2017, 1:52 AM. Reason: forgot to quote...

Comment

Originally posted by elizabeth422 View Post
      I am in the process of ordering my new chair... I am going with a Tilite ZRA and it is my first rigid chair. I have a questions about the single swivel anit-tip. Is it adjustable? Will I be able to go up pop up on curbs etc?
      It is a great option--you can dance in chair with it! But if you get pushed a lot, it is harder for the helper to avoid walking into it.

Comment

The last one I had on a sportschair could be adjusted up or down just a bit. No, you won't be able to jump curbs with it because you have to pop a wheelie to be able to jump a curb. I could barley get it over any lip entering a tennis court. If you can jump a curb, you don't need anti-tips imo. I found anti tips dangerous because of not being able to do wheelies or jump a curb. Wheelies, for me, are a necessity when going down a steep incline.

Is there a reason you are going with a ZRA? Is it because of the adjustability? For myself, I didn't like the ZRA due to it's larger sized tubing and open frame. I found it awkward grabbing the rail to transfer. I found the TR or TRA a better option for me because of the smaller diameter tubing. Some love them others not so much.

Congrats on your first rigid chair. I'm sure you'll find a vast difference. I always add an 1" to the frame before the bend to help with grabbing the rail when transferring. Solid seat pans are a plus also.

Comment

Very cool, it looks like you are able to sit lower over the axle overall with the ergo seating which likely helps with pushing the chair too!

Is there any way for you to use/attach a freewheel with the flip up footplate? Up here in the great white north, it is almost a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
            agree there speccing a chair is a royal pain in the ass.
            6'1".. that's a good frame of reference for me, I'm 6' 1/2"

I have an old TR which comes in at 36" long compared to your 32.5" so you're not too long.
            the rear height on my current TR is 14", frame angles are pretty similar.
            I'm sold on 27" wheels these days started out on 24" and slowly worked up.
            Great to hear your chair is working out so well for you.

Another question, what is your knee clearance height? as in what is the lowest table you can easily fit your knees under?

Again cheers for all the answers.

My last chair, an aero z was 36" long but my new one fits way better
            My knee clearance is about 26.5" but if I flip my footplate up and put my feet on the floor its 24"

Are you going with a 14" rear seat height and 27" wheels?!
            c6 inc since 2-19-11
            ex pro-am motocross racer
            tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmay View Post
              Very cool, it looks like you are able to sit lower over the axle overall with the ergo seating which likely helps with pushing the chair too!

Is there any way for you to use/attach a freewheel with the flip up footplate? Up here in the great white north, it is almost a necessity.
              I'm not sure yet. I may have to get a second footplate or fab something up if I ever get a freewheel.
              c6 inc since 2-19-11
              ex pro-am motocross racer
              tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                My last chair, an aero z was 36" long but my new one fits way better
                My knee clearance is about 26.5" but if I flip my footplate up and put my feet on the floor its 24"

Are you going with a 14" rear seat height and 27" wheels?!
                Don't you guys feel that 27" rear wheels are a bit of a pain though if you are breaking down your chair to load/unload into a car. The bigger wheels don't fit into the leg area in the passengers side which means I always have to put them behind the passengers seat. This can be a problem for a few reasons:

1) rain, sand, slush, snow and salt drips on me when i lift the wheels across my body
                2) it gets all over the front passengers seat and have to put the wheels up front so I can pick the kids up.
                3) the larger wheels increase the amount of space required for turning (turning radius) which is a pain when I enter the elevator at home. I have to back in if I want to exit facing forward.

I am just wondering if you guys know some tricks/ chair hacks that I don't and if you do, please share!

Comment

The only place I could see it being an issue is with the car.
                  I break my chair down for the car with no issues.. I've always just put my wheels in the back seat, what ever size I was rolling.
                  24" to 27" there is a big enough jump to really notice it, but from 25" to 27" it's hardly noticeable.

Going from 24" to 27" the wheels are going to stick out from the back an extra ~ 1.5" so yeah there is a difference to definitely be aware of.

Originally posted by Jimmay View Post
                  Don't you guys feel that 27" rear wheels are a bit of a pain though if you are breaking down your chair to load/unload into a car. The bigger wheels don't fit into the leg area in the passengers side which means I always have to put them behind the passengers seat. This can be a problem for a few reasons:

1) rain, sand, slush, snow and salt drips on me when i lift the wheels across my body
                  2) it gets all over the front passengers seat and have to put the wheels up front so I can pick the kids up.
                  3) the larger wheels increase the amount of space required for turning (turning radius) which is a pain when I enter the elevator at home. I have to back in if I want to exit facing forward.

I am just wondering if you guys know some tricks/ chair hacks that I don't and if you do, please share!

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                    The only place I could see it being an issue is with the car.
                    I break my chair down for the car with no issues.. I've always just put my wheels in the back seat, what ever size I was rolling.
                    24" to 27" there is a big enough jump to really notice it, but from 25" to 27" it's hardly noticeable.

Going from 24" to 27" the wheels are going to stick out from the back an extra ~ 1.5" so yeah there is a difference to definitely be aware of.
                    Hey Will, thanks for your input.

The extra 1.5" makes it so I cannot turn around 360 in my elevator at home so I have to enter the elevator backwards (which isn't a huge deal). I love my 27" wheels with offroad tires for using when i am out on a hiking trail with the wife and kids or navigating the gravel roads as i live out in the country, but for using indoors, it does make a big difference for turning in tight spaces.

I cannot always put my wheels in the back seat as I have two kids and I need to leave the back free for them and all their stuff when I am dad's taxi service, it seems alot of my time is spent as a chauffeur lately. LOL. I find that the 25" wheels just fit in between the center console and door on most vehicles and then I can just throw my chair frame on top which leaves the whole back seat open for the kiddos.

In about 15 years I will be able to go back to using 27" rears on a daily basis.

Comment

I'm currently working with NuMotion on a new chair for my wife and we're looking at the Aero Z Series 2. We visited with the rep yesterday and he insisted on the thin adjustable footplate. But we want to be sure that it will be compatible with the FreeWheel. Any thoughts? Also I want to mention that our meeting was a little frustrating. I felt like I have more knowledge of your chairs then he did. Knowledge I've gained from lurking on the equipment section here. He just wanted to outfit it with basic options that are covered by insurance. My wife and I used to be avid cyclist and are used to upgrading anything we can. I accept that those upgrades will come out of pocket.

Thanks,
                      Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dkleinsmith View Post
                        I'm currently working with NuMotion on a new chair for my wife and we're looking at the Aero Z Series 2. We visited with the rep yesterday and he insisted on the thin adjustable footplate. But we want to be sure that it will be compatible with the FreeWheel. Any thoughts? Also I want to mention that our meeting was a little frustrating. I felt like I have more knowledge of your chairs then he did. Knowledge I've gained from lurking on the equipment section here. He just wanted to outfit it with basic options that are covered by insurance. My wife and I used to be avid cyclist and are used to upgrading anything we can. I accept that those upgrades will come out of pocket.

Thanks,
                        Dan
                        I'd say get hold of the guys at Freewheel to see if the foot rest will work.

Comment

why did ti-lite discontinue the tx folding chair? The latest one that looks like a rigid and the folding mechanism is small and way up under it.. there are zero folding chairs to choose from and I don't want rigid because I put my chair behind my driver seat.
                          I just purchased a used one time TX with carbon blade wheels and carbon side guards. should be here next week.

Comment

Originally posted by crash86 View Post
                            there are zero folding chairs to choose from
                            ???

There are still two folding chairs on Tilite's website:
                            https://permobilus.com/products/manu...ing/box-frame/

There are four folding chairs on Quickie's website:
                            http://www.sunrisemedical.com/manual...ng-wheelchairs

Colours has two:
                            http://colourswheelchair.com/verve/
                            http://colourswheelchair.com/acti-fold/

Invacare/Kuchall/Top End has three:
                            http://www.invacare.com/cgi-bin/imhq...OID=-536885342

Motion Composites has three:
                            http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/veloce/
                            http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/helio-c2/
                            http://www.motioncomposites.com/en/move/

Progeo has four:
                            http://progeo.net.au/wheelchairs/fol...me-wheelchairs
                            Last edited by brian; 8 Feb 2018, 2:28 PM.

Comment

those are the same folding chairs that have been around forever and they make a folder that is as close to rigid as you can get and they stop making it. sorry but all the other folders look and feel like run of the mill folders. I have a aero x and its alright but same design as any other folder.

the only chair there that wasn't a normal looking folder isn't even in the united states..quickie makes a nice one but it also isn't here in the U.S..

Comment

Originally posted by crash86 View Post
                                those are the same folding chairs that have been around forever
                                Okay. I get what you're saying now and that makes sense. But it's different than what you originally said.

Since you're paying out of pocket for a used chair, why not look into the Progreo? Or find a used one? They may sell and ship one to the US.

Also, have you tried asking Quickie why they don't sell the Xenon FF stateside? I'm confused as to why they wouldn't. I know it has to do with insurance, but why?

Comment

Working...
                                X