No announcement yet.

TiLite Wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was 1 of the orginals tilites but frame cracked they replace it with a tr and its supposedly like my orginal and we measured but the front sticks out past my legs makes transfers difficult my legs stick I think I get a new chair
    this is my second in 17 years

Comment

More comfortable. Easier to push. Easier to stop. Easier to load. Easier to store. Great idea TiLite

Thank You

Comment

Here's my new TR! Titanium frame, camber tube, axles, fork stems. Spinergy carbon blade rims. Roho carbon agility backrest. Custom carbon fiber footplate and seat pan. Weighs 27lbs

Ps. If you're looking for a cushion or backrest I have some brand new ones for sale

Last edited by Wills77; 10 Dec 2017, 7:41 PM.
        c6 inc since 2-19-11
        ex pro-am motocross racer
        tilite aero z s2

Comment

What was your previous chair ?

You went with Ergo seating...
          Is this your first chair with Ergo seating? who talked you into an Ergo seat pan? talking of seat pans.. how did they do the seat pan for you?

I'm thinking of going with Ergo seating, do you have the cad drawings of your chair, would like to compare the angles with what i end up with.

Oh and... was this through insurance ?

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
          Here's my new TR! Titanium frame, camber tube, axles, fork stems. Spinergy carbon blade rims. Roho carbon agility backrest. Custom carbon fiber footplate and seat pan. Weighs 27lbs

Ps. If you're looking for a cushion or backrest I have some brand new ones for sale

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
            What was your previous chair ?

You went with Ergo seating...
            Is this your first chair with Ergo seating? who talked you into an Ergo seat pan? talking of seat pans.. how did they do the seat pan for you?

I'm thinking of going with Ergo seating, do you have the cad drawings of your chair, would like to compare the angles with what i end up with.

Oh and... was this through insurance ?
            My previous chair was a tilite aero z
            This is my first chair with an ergo seat. I demo'd some for about 20 minutes before deciding to go with it.
            I made the seat pan out of a piece of birch core carbon fiber that I got from dragon plate. I had it on my old chair but cut it in 2 pieces to work with the ergo seat. I'll get some pics of it for you.
            I have 2 different CAD drawings with the ergo seat but none with the specs that I ordered. I'll post them too
            No it wasn't through insurance. A great group of people at the Dauphin Home Association bought it for me.
            c6 inc since 2-19-11
            tilite aero z s2

Comment

I'm still on the fence about the Ergo thing, but leaning hard towards going that way.
              What would you say swung it for you ? was it for any particular issue ?
              Yeah would love to see pictures of what you ended up with for a seat pan.
              Let me know when you post the cad drawings, you don't have the drawing for the chair you ended up with ?
              Do you know what the total cost of the chair was.. approx... what you have is pretty much the setup I'm looking for.

Again cheers for the response.

My previous chair was a tilite aero z
              This is my first chair with an ergo seat. I demo'd some for about 20 minutes before deciding to go with it.
              I made the seat pan out of a piece of birch core carbon fiber that I got from dragon plate. I had it on my old chair but cut it in 2 pieces to work with the ergo seat. I'll get some pics of it for you.
              I have 2 different CAD drawings with the ergo seat but none with the specs that I ordered. I'll post them too
              No it wasn't through insurance. A great group of people at the Dauphin Home Association bought it for me.

Comment

How are you liking that backrest so far? Is it the minimum contour or the deeper one?

Comment

Nice digs man! I am liking the carbon Spinergy wheels. Kinda wish I went with them now that I see them, just worry about the abuse I put on my chairs, how they will hold up in winter (snow, slush, salt and ice) and the longevity of them! You will have to keep us apprised of how they hold up for you!

Comment

Thanks everyone! The ergo seat helped with my posture and how stable I feel. My old chair without ergo had the same 3" of dump but I always felt like my lower back was rounded/slouched and my butt was trying to slide forward. In my new chair I feel more planted in the seat and don't feel like I'm sliding forward. It was about $8500 going through a DME. Thats including a new cushion that didn't come yet.
                    For backrests I've had Varilite icon, Matrx MX1 carbon, Adi carbon. My Roho agility carbon minimum contour is my favorite. The cushion stays in place, it doesn't squeak, easy to adjust, and it doesn't dig into my back or sides. I've been using it with the air insert but will try the foam insert eventually.

My seat pan is birch core carbon fiber held to the frame with velcro. I included pics of the flip up footplate and you can see my life mounts water bottle holder I got off amazon. You can also see the bar underneath of the chair that I grab while loading it into my car, I wrapped the stuff they use on baseball bats around it to give me some extra grip.

c6 inc since 2-19-11
                    tilite aero z s2

Comment

Here are my 2 CAD drawings. Neither are my actual chair.
                      If you take the 1st CAD and change the frame depth to 19.5" and move the under seat grab bar back a few inches, that's my chair.

In this CAD the seat height is .5 higher, 4" COG instead of 3.5, 4" castors instead of 5"

c6 inc since 2-19-11
                      tilite aero z s2

Comment

Can you link to the water bottle holder? I could not find it. Thanks

[QUOTE=Wills77;1845584]Thanks everyone! The ergo seat helped with my posture and how stable I feel. My old chair without ergo had the same 3" of dump but I always felt like my lower back was rounded/slouched and my butt was trying to slide forward. In my new chair I feel more planted in the seat and don't feel like I'm sliding forward. It was about $8500 going through a DME. Thats including a new cushion that didn't come yet.
                        For backrests I've had Varilite icon, Matrx MX1 carbon, Adi carbon. My Roho agility carbon minimum contour is my favorite. The cushion stays in place, it doesn't squeak, easy to adjust, and it doesn't dig into my back or sides. I've been using it with the air insert but will try the foam insert eventually.

My seat pan is birch core carbon fiber held to the frame with velcro. I included pics of the flip up footplate and you can see my life mounts water bottle holder I got off amazon. You can also see the bar underneath of the chair that I grab while loading it into my car, I wrapped the stuff they use on baseball bats around it to give me some extra grip.

/[QUOTE]
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If that link doesn't work, paste this into the amazon search bar Life Mounts Next Generation Wheelchair / Walker Universal Cup or Drink Holder
                          c6 inc since 2-19-11
                          tilite aero z s2

Comment

@Wills77 thanks for posting all that info, very helpful, given me even more to think about.

couple more questions
                            how tall are you?
                            Did you have to modify your cushion to deal with the bend in the Ergo frame, which cushion are you using? and which new one do you have coming.

Comment

Originally posted by NW-Will View Post
                              @Wills77 thanks for posting all that info, very helpful, given me even more to think about.

couple more questions
                              how tall are you?
                              Did you have to modify your cushion to deal with the bend in the Ergo frame, which cushion are you using? and which new one do you have coming.
                              Glad I can help! Speccing a chair definitely isn't easy.
                              I'm 6'1" with long legs which is my reason for the extra frame depth.
                              I'm using a Varilite meridian and that's what I have on order. It bends and works really good with the ergo seat.

I started on a roho but kept it over inflated because I have sensation and prefer a firmer feel. I demo'd some matrix cushions that were too firm. The meridian is the perfect medium between too soft or firm. It fills up on its own so you don't need a pump like the roho. There is a release valve for the front half and rear half. I usually let the front completely full and let a drop of air out of the rear which makes a dip that keeps my butt in place.

At first I liked using the seat sling on my new TR but after a few weeks I got shoulder pain from being low in between the wheels. I went from 24" wheels on my old chair to 25" wheels on my new one and lowered the seat height half an inch. That plus the sling instead of a solid pan I was about 1 3/4" lower than my old chair. Now that I have the solid pan on I'm 1" lower between the wheels than my old one and feel a lot better in the chair. I've even been working on doing 1 wheel wheelies which I never tried on my old one haha
                              c6 inc since 2-19-11
                              tilite aero z s2

Comment

agree there speccing a chair is a royal pain in the ass.
                                6'1".. that's a good frame of reference for me, I'm 6' 1/2"

I have an old TR which comes in at 36" long compared to your 32.5" so you're not too long.
                                the rear height on my current TR is 14", frame angles are pretty similar.
                                I'm sold on 27" wheels these days started out on 24" and slowly worked up.
                                Great to hear your chair is working out so well for you.

Another question, what is your knee clearance height? as in what is the lowest table you can easily fit your knees under?

Again cheers for all the answers.

Glad I can help! Speccing a chair definitely isn't easy.
                                I'm 6'1" with long legs which is my reason for the extra frame depth.
                                I'm using a Varilite meridian and that's what I have on order. It bends and works really good with the ergo seat.

I started on a roho but kept it over inflated because I have sensation and prefer a firmer feel. I demo'd some matrix cushions that were too firm. The meridian is the perfect medium between too soft or firm. It fills up on its own so you don't need a pump like the roho. There is a release valve for the front half and rear half. I usually let the front completely full and let a drop of air out of the rear which makes a dip that keeps my butt in place.

At first I liked using the seat sling on my new TR but after a few weeks I got shoulder pain from being low in between the wheels. I went from 24" wheels on my old chair to 25" wheels on my new one and lowered the seat height half an inch. That plus the sling instead of a solid pan I was about 1 3/4" lower than my old chair. Now that I have the solid pan on I'm 1" lower between the wheels than my old one and feel a lot better in the chair. I've even been working on doing 1 wheel wheelies which I never tried on my old one haha

Comment

Working...
                                X