TiLite Wheelchairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Here is the link to the TiLite Options from the website http://www.tilite.com/documents/TiLi....pdf?mod=12115 . In order to know if the chair can be fitted for 24" rear wheels a serial number would be needed because it would depend on several factors and options currently on the chair. Please contact TiLite Customer Service customerservice@tilite.com and they can assist in helping you find a local dealer and/or helping you find a rear wheel with desired tire. Please let me know if I may assist you with anything further.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by gcblarsen View Post
      My daughter uses a tilite aero z with 22" indoor tires with no tread. She is currently located in Utah and will be going to school around Prescott, Arizona in about a month. The area has a lot of gravel and she really needs new mountain tread tires. It doesn't look like many or any options are available for this size of tire and wondering if her chair can be easily adjusted to fit a 24" wheel. It would be good to have indoor and outdoor wheels if possible but I would rather just get 22" wheels with mountain tread and later when she gets a new wheelchair go to 24". I'm also in need of a recommended dealer that can service that area who can also do the adjustments as needed.
      If your daughter uses 2 sets of wheels she would have to adjust brakes each time she changes wheels. Better maybe to select a compromise tire that will meet her needs indoor and out. She would definitely benefit from a FreeWheel and the holder to hang the FreeWheel on the back rigidizer bar when the FreeWheel is not in use.

Comment

I cannot get this video to work/play. I tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera when you originally posted the link, it did NOT play then, or now (using Firefox).

Ok, I got it to play, you need to select your LOCATION at the top of the page.

Originally posted by TiLite View Post
        Here is a little more info on the TX2. Hope you enjoy it. Stay tuned for release date.
        http://www.tilite.com/chairs_tx_teaser.php
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Thanks - I sent an email. I'm nervous going with a dealer as last time we ordered her a chair it took over a year and had several issues with returning calls getting the chair right etc.

I'm hoping the brakes will work with a mountain tire 22" while and a 24" wheel without tread.

I called National Seating and Mobility and had to leave a message. They still haven't returned my call.

Comment

Hello, If NSM does not return your call be sure and let customer service know when they contact you and hopefully they can get you into contact with the local sales rep in your area.

Comment

I've decided to take her old wheelchair to Leeden in Arizona to turn it into a outdoor chair. They have a good reputation, but don't go through insurance. Her current chair is in need of repairs or maybe she is due for a new one. I will try to find a good DME that I can work with as I have more time to deal with her everyday chair. I done trying with NSM as I'm not going to work with a company who doesn't return calls. If they call I'll let them know I'll be working with another company. Any good DME is Arizona? I've worked with United Seating and Southwest Medical and I'm not happy with either.

Comment

Originally posted by gcblarsen View Post
                I've decided to take her old wheelchair to Leeden in Arizona
                New guy here...

I live a mile from Leeden, went there one time a few months ago and had a good feeling about them (if that helps any).

I've had a new Aero Z for a month now and have given up on the rough ride. The chair is great but needs caster help. Get the front off the ground and it's a very smooth ride, I'm just not good enough use it on two wheels.

Changing to frog legs seems to be the only option but I'm told it will raise the front by 1.7", and that is with a 1" smaller caster wheel. So I'm wondering how much improvement I'll see by just changing the wheels from TiLite (granite?) to Frog Legs Soft Roll?
                Twizzle, Twazzle, Twozzle, Twome; time for this one to come home.

Be what you is, not what you is not. Folks what they is, is the happiest lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman View Post
                  New guy here...

I live a mile from Leeden, went there one time a few months ago and had a good feeling about them (if that helps any).

I've had a new Aero Z for a month now and have given up on the rough ride. The chair is great but needs caster help. Get the front off the ground and it's a very smooth ride [...]
                  any chance of increasing the COG? I'm not trying to get you to crack your head open, but the farther back your butt goes the lighter your front end gets. I know a C5 quad that has his chair set so perfect that the front wheels seldom touch the ground. His wheeling prowess is unparalleled - sidewalk cracks don't even register, he just goes.

For me, as an example- with some hand function and grip strength, I like to be able to reach far behind me and grab something without risk of flipping over. There's always going to be a compromise. A good rule I tend to tell most ppl is that you should be able to do the trick with a new folded plastic garbage bag where you grab the sides extending it high in front of you and pull it quickly down toward yourself filling it with air thereby making it ready to put in a garbage pail. Your casters should come off the ground but you shouldn't flip over.

I'd like to tell you frogleg casters will make a world of difference but that would be exaggerating. btw, tilite will never tell you to put them on simply because they do not sell them. I'm sure they'd gladly sell you a new chair equipped with http://www.out-front.com/glide_overview.php though.

Good luck. I'd try dialing in that COG. It may take a few tries but it will be well worth it.
                  Last edited by tooley; 19 Jul 2015, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for any input...

Wheels are as far forward as I dare go, I'm kissing my toes to go up a short incline and handrails are my best friends.

I asked about converting to glide forks and was told it can't be done, the chair must be built for them. That didn't sound right, looks like the same speed loader mounting with different stem bolt and fork assembly.

Ordering 5" soft roll wheels tomorrow and hope it's an improvement. It's a great chair most of the time but seems they're building everything with cobble stones and brick pavers around here. Fifty feet of that and my teeth are rattled loose.

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                    any chance of increasing the COG? I'm not trying to get you to crack your head open, but the farther back your butt goes the lighter your front end gets. I know a C5 quad that has his chair set so perfect that the front wheels seldom touch the ground. His wheeling prowess is unparalleled - sidewalk cracks don't even register, he just goes.

For me, as an example- with some hand function and grip strength, I like to be able to reach far behind me and grab something without risk of flipping over. There's always going to be a compromise. A good rule I tend to tell most ppl is that you should be able to do the trick with a new folded plastic garbage bag where you grab the sides extending it high in front of you and pull it quickly down toward yourself filling it with air thereby making it ready to put in a garbage pail. Your casters should come off the ground but you shouldn't flip over.

I'd like to tell you frogleg casters will make a world of difference but that would be exaggerating. btw, tilite will never tell you to put them on simply because they do not sell them. I'm sure they'd gladly sell you a new chair equipped with http://www.out-front.com/glide_overview.php though.

Good luck. I'd try dialing in that COG. It may take a few tries but it will be well worth it.

Comment

So I put Frog Legs Soft roll caster wheels on my Aero Z. It made just about the difference I expected. Softened the blow but not enough to stop the muscle spasms and feet flying off the footrest, but they look cool as well. They match the bright green on the chair so that adds to the benefit of the softer tires.

Ordered Frog leggs forks, installed, whoaaa. Made all the difference. I still feel the bumps but they're no longer such a sharp hit, like a jack hammer.

The resource of posts in this group is a great help, thanks.

Gary

Comment

Any word/update on release of TX Series 2 ???

Thanks in advance.

Comment

It is a work in Progress!

Comment

TiLite -- I can't find my original post about this, but I've been meaning to thank you that you are no longer blocking IP address' for international people wanting access to the US order forms. It's nice that TiLite monitors this forum and tries to listen to the requests of their customers.
                            Last edited by elarson; 15 Sep 2015, 3:34 PM. Reason: typo
                            Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Comment

Elarson thank you for the suggestion and for helping us improve our services.

Comment

I am aware that if I order a TR3 with a COG of less than 3.5" then I would get squared off lower frame rails. However, does that mean the COG for the curved lower frame starts at 3.5" regardless of rear STF height? So that if I have my COG set at 4.5" on the order form, and a rear STF height of 17", I will still be able to slide it back to 3.5" if I ever needed to? I certainly won't need to go any further than that, I just didn't want to have it set at 4.5" and only be able to slide it back to 4" due to where the frame starts to curve. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X