Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TiLite Wheelchairs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by TiLite View Post
    The footrest and backrest have options for both aluminum and titanium. The camber tube clamps (axle housings) are aluminum, the camber tubes are carbon fiber and aluminum; the cross tubes are aluminum and the forks are aluminum.
    Why aren't the cross tubes titanium? That's the weakest part of a folder and how come wheelchair manufacturers have never heard of the word "gusset"?

    Comment


      Originally posted by baldfatdad View Post
      Why aren't the cross tubes titanium? That's the weakest part of a folder and how come wheelchair manufacturers have never heard of the word "gusset"?
      The number one reason we don't use titanium in the cross tubes is cost. We can design the aluminum extrusion to provide the strength we need without the expense of titanium and still keep the weight down. As for the gusset question; we use gussets on several of our chairs (2GX, Aero X, TX, and on all of our fixed back chairs).
      TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

      Comment


        I have 5" Z2fw22 perf billet softroll casters. what bearings do they use? it says R6RS but can't find anything similar is this a 5/16 608???

        Also can I replace the wheels with the 5"x1 frog epic aluminum firm roll wheel?

        Comment


          You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.
          stephen@bike-on.com

          Comment


            Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
            You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.
            So if the bearings fit the ti-lite caster axles they might just work? I really like the three spoke design of the frog leg, easier to clean I'm sure plus they look a lot better than what I have now.

            Comment


              I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on what sort of paint TiLite has used on frames in the last year or two. Is it a catalyzed enamel, or a regular air-dry paint? I have a Ti frame, but painted, and it might be time to strip the paint for a natural finish. Knowing what paint is used will help with picking a process to strip it. Thanks!

              Comment


                Originally posted by cfx View Post
                I have 5" Z2fw22 perf billet softroll casters. what bearings do they use? it says R6RS but can't find anything similar is this a 5/16 608???

                Also can I replace the wheels with the 5"x1 frog epic aluminum firm roll wheel?
                "R6" = 3/8" ID x 7/8" OD x 9/32" thick. "RS" means rubberized shield.
                "608" = 8m ID x 22mm OD x 7mm thick.

                Bearing nomenclature is very standardized.
                Chas
                TiLite TR3
                Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
                I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

                "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
                <
                UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  I was wondering if you could give me a heads up on what sort of paint TiLite has used on frames in the last year or two. Is it a catalyzed enamel, or a regular air-dry paint? I have a Ti frame, but painted, and it might be time to strip the paint for a natural finish. Knowing what paint is used will help with picking a process to strip it. Thanks!
                  We use a powder coat process for painting our frames. The paint is applied to the frame and then it is baked in an oven.
                  TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                    You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.
                    I'd go with what Stephen indicated. This is more current information than what we have. Our response would have been that they won't work as the bearing is too small, but it sounds like Stephen is on top of this one. Thanks Stephen.
                    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TiLite View Post
                      We use a powder coat process for painting our frames. The paint is applied to the frame and then it is baked in an oven.
                      For reference, is TiLite equipped to refinish a frame? Either repainting it or stripping it and doing a satin or polished finish?
                      stephen@bike-on.com

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                        For reference, is TiLite equipped to refinish a frame? Either repainting it or stripping it and doing a satin or polished finish?
                        Yes. We can strip it of it's paint and repaint it (titanium or aluminum) or strip it of it's paint, and make it a satin finish, if it is a titanium frame. However, we cannot put a polish finish on a titanium frame once it has been powder coated.
                        TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TiLite View Post
                          We use a powder coat process for painting our frames. The paint is applied to the frame and then it is baked in an oven.
                          Thanks. I wont be opening that methylene chloride can of worms, lol. I guess it is time to find a local media blaster

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            Thanks. I wont be opening that methylene chloride can of worms, lol. I guess it is time to find a local media blaster
                            Cute. Good luck.
                            TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

                            Comment


                              Not sure how to take Cute...but it's not a dig at you. Methylene chloride is pretty much the only real way to chemically strip powder coat...and it's real nasty and expensive. Cheaper and better to blast it. Then again, don't you hate text with regional colloquialisms having different significance?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Not sure how to take Cute...but it's not a dig at you. Methylene chloride is pretty much the only real way to chemically strip powder coat...and it's real nasty and expensive. Cheaper and better to blast it. Then again, don't you hate text with regional colloquialisms having different significance?
                                Thanks for the clarification. We strip the paint with a blasting compound. No EPA issues.
                                TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X