Welcome to the Manufacturer & Vendor Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Manufacturer & Vendor Forum

As many of you know, CareCure has long imposed a policy that manufacturers and vendors are not allowed to advertise or post in the forums. Several years ago, we created a forum called Equipment and Services, which allowed individual members to post equipment, supplies, and services that they want to buy or sell, give away or get. The Equipment and Services forum continued to ban manufacturers and vendors. In recent discussions with CareCure members who work for various manufacturers and vendors, it was clear that they would like an opportunity to discuss their products with our members.

So, we have decided to create this forum as a place where manufacturers and vendors can discuss their products with our members. Manufacturers, vendors, and members can post about their products here and members can ask questions and discuss products here. Please remember that this is an experiment and that people should treat each other with respect. We don't want companies just advertising their wares here. This is a place for our members to discuss and provide feedback to manufacturers and vendors.

If it works, we may decide to create sub-forums for individual manufacturers and vendors.

Wise, I think that this is a *great* idea.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

So, we have decided to create this forum as a place where manufacturers and vendors can discuss their products with our members. Manufacturers, vendors, and members can post about their products here and members can ask questions and discuss products here. Please remember that this is an experiment and that people should treat each other with respect. We don't want companies just advertising their wares here. This is a place for our members to discuss and provide feedback to manufacturers and vendors.

If it works, we may decide to create sub-forums for individual manufacturers and vendors.

What a great idea! I'm working on a new chair, so this would be a way to compare and ask questions. Sub-forums, yes, then we could go directly to what we are looking for.
      We have to spread the word so this takes off. Thanks, Wise, and others involved

K9 (julie)
      Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

Comment

Hello Dr. Young,

I think this is an excellent endeavor and I do hope it is not abused. I have been trying to find accessories for a Pride Edge chair and haven't able to find anything as of yet.

This is a great idea and I look forward to checking it daily.

Have a great week.

Millard
        ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

I think it's a wonderful idea, too - looks like a great way to gather specific information. Thank you.
          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Good thinkin' Wise; an idea long overdue! Wish I'd thought of that! <br>
            Rick Goldstein
            GO! Mobility Solutions
            facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Comment

I thought this going to really take off. I know there are a ton of manufactures, vendors, reps....where are they? Or do we have to ask about specific things?

My 5 years of being held prisoner in a chair from a box is almost up. Seeing how long others have waited for Medicare/Medicaid to approve things I'm getting a jump start. I'm thinking about Ti, Karmin, and Top End. I've read all the old posts in the equipment forum and found a ton of information. Now I'd like some truthful information. If a certain chair has a problem with something constantly breaking, say so. I don't have the money to keep replacing a manufacture's defect that they give you a hard time about replacing.

Somebody, anybody?

K9

Comment

How about a PM to the known vendor usernames inviting them to introduce themselves and their products? I can think of one or two that have simply ignored the long standing rules by posting product related/marketing/sales info in the equipment forum, also.

The user names I can think of, off the top of my head, that represent vendors (at least partially) are:

maestro (Elevation/Use Your Instinct)
                TiLite (kind of obvious)
                JeffAdams (Icon)
                patd (Freewheel)
                WheelchairDesigner (Flight...maybe out of business)
                WC_Sage (DME/cushion vendor)
                fuentejps (Bike-On)
                stephen212 (Bike-On)
                Jimbo (Sportaid - although this may be the gentleman who recently passed away)
                ABox (Mike Box wheelchairs)

Who else? Sorry if I got any of those wrong. Working from memory.
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by Oddity View Post
                  How about a PM to the known vendor usernames inviting them to introduce themselves and their products? I can think of one or two that have simply ignored the long standing rules by posting product related/marketing/sales info in the equipment forum, also.

The user names I can think of, off the top of my head, that represent vendors (at least partially) are:

maestro (Elevation/Use Your Instinct)
                  TiLite (kind of obvious)
                  JeffAdams (Icon)
                  patd (Freewheel)
                  WheelchairDesigner (Flight...maybe out of business)
                  WC_Sage (DME/cushion vendor)
                  fuentejps (Bike-On)
                  stephen212 (Bike-On)
                  Jimbo (Sportaid - although this may be the gentleman who recently passed away)
                  ABox (Mike Box wheelchairs)

Who else? Sorry if I got any of those wrong. Working from memory.

Thank you, Oddity! I recognize most of those. Just haven't been around long enough for them to stay in my memory

Comment

Add user "Tom Borcherding" to the list. President and CEO of The Roho Group. A very nice guy that posted in many Roho threads.
                    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Great idea! TiLite is happy to be part of the new Manufacturer & Vendor Forum!
                      Last edited by Jim; 20 Mar 2014, 7:50 PM. Reason: merged threads
                      TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by TiLite View Post
                        Great idea! TiLite is happy to be part of the new Manufacturer & Vendor Forum!
                        Well, I really want a Ti. What chairs are covered by Medicare/Medicaid? I want a rigid chair and some adjustment.

I had a guy come out last week and he's pushing chairs that are right around 28 pounds! The chair I'm in is off the shelf and, I think, 33 pounds. That won't help my shoulders, wrists, or back. It's getting really hard to get enough omph into my pushes

He told me I couldn't get a rigid chair, along with some other things that I think were BS!
                        I'm not getting any younger, so I want as light as will be approved. He was pushing Invacare My On Series and a Quickie QXi. I said NO Quickies because I have read a lot of negative about them, how cheaply built, breaks all the time etc. So, until they get their quality improved, they are off my list.

This guy promised a demo chair this week. I'm still waiting. If I didn't post this in the right place, go ahead and move it. Please let me know where it was moved to I was just so excited to see a Ti person and that's my number 1 choice.

K9
                        Last edited by K9Sports; 21 Mar 2014, 7:08 PM. Reason: spelling goof

Comment

I see you are located in Cleveland Ohio. I'm including a link from our web site so you can locate a dealer in your area that carries TiLite chairs. Depending on what your needs are will depend on what chairs Medicare/Medicaid will cover. It's best to get with a dealer you trust and who knows TiLite products and they will be able to be your best advocate. Here is our link and I hope that this helps. Don't give up, you're worth it. http://www.tilite.com/customerservice_dealerlocator.php
                          TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Comment

k9, I was at metro Monday night speaking. should have stopped in. I could have walked you through a bit.
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com
                            c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                            sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                            X