Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living

I was curious to know how do people that are dissabled that don't work support themselves?

Sells Meth? I haven't know anyone on SSI/Disability that didn't have something on the side....living w/ bf or gf, not reporting all income, etc.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Sells Meth?

ROTLF I hope nobody does that !!

Jeremy I'm in the middle of figuring out the same thing, currently my parents help me. My rent is more than I will recieve. My SS is in process and they said they will lower my benefits if someone is gifting me money. Ya!! $653 is so much to live off of, and I have kids at home. I'm not healthy enough yet to get a job, or I would. I was a foster parent for 6.5 years prior to my accident. That is non-taxable income it's considered reimbursement. So I guess we could say no good deed goes unpunished.
      "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

the regular SSI, i don't get. but the SSDI i get. i'm not covered under anything for insurance. my insurance company dropped me, and now i'm kind of screwed.
        i breed dogs and horses on the side. i didn't go back to my regular job after my accident. the dogs allow me to stay home and still have an income.

Comment

Think hard before you post here.

I know for a fact that the UK's Dept. of Work and Pensions monitor English disability forums for any hints of benefit fraud, I can't imagine the US authorities are any different.

Just because you post under a user name does not mean you are anonymous!

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
            Think hard before you post here.

I know for a fact that the UK's Dept. of Work and Pensions monitor English disability forums for any hints of benefit fraud, I can't imagine the US authorities are any different.

Just because you post under a user name does not mean you are anonymous!
            good advice!

Comment

Thanks Timaru, good looking out. PM me please
              "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

I though about being a phone sex operator....but with me in monotone saying "oh baby, oh baby....NO, Put that down, stop pouring salt in the coolaid! No you can't play in the street, where's your F-ing parents? OH yeah, OOO like that baby"
                I don't think it'll work.
                So I do taxes for lazy people. then they complain about how much I charge. Then I don't get paid by the boss....
                Deborah

Comment

Many here do work. Are you going to school or planning on this??

Some have SSI only.
                  Some have SSDI.
                  Some have state disability income.
                  Some have worker's compensation
                  Some have big personal injury or medical malpractice settlements.
                  Some have veteran's pensions.
                  A few have special needs trusts set up by their family and/or donors.
                  A very few may have had long-term disability insurance (I am glad I have it).

(KLD)
                  The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

I get SSDI and make my old lady work. JK I stay at home and do my "honey do list" while waiting on the kids to get home from school.
                    Go Georgia Bulldogs

Comment

Working...
                    X