my belly quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my belly quad

my belly quad after 6 years of sci ...i eat breakfast ,lunch and dinner....a lot of heineken as well ....sorry about the pic quality...my mom took the pic....she focused on my belly only .
    Last edited by adi chicago; 10 Mar 2008, 6:04 PM.

Whatever! I got at least two of those!! LOL

DO you stim, or just watch calories?

Dave
    Dave

Comment

Hey - you're sitting on that sore!
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

That's a quad belly? Your stomach is flatter than most walking people.

Comment

I eat once during the day and bowl of cereal at bed time and mine is huge! I blame Lyrica for that. What's your secret?
          Dave
          C5/C6 complete
          http://www.davegrotzinger.com
          http://www.daves-webdesign.com

"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

Comment

Beer clears things right on through, eh, Adi? That is not a quad gut or even a para belly.
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

goodness...that's weak. My belly o quadness puts that to shame! Mine's terribly huge.
              Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
              -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

What the heck Adi? You got me on 2 counts, slimness and the hair. I guess you win.
                "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

You must be eating rice cakes with those Heiny's Adi, cuz my eyes don't see a belly. Unless it's hiding under that rug. LOL
                  If I was meant to have wheels under my ass, what the hell are these legs for?
                  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1455040496

Comment

Adi, you must have quite a lot of abdominal spasticity to maintain a 6-pack like that!

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

You poor thing.. Mine is 'bout to give birth.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

i had a real bad gut up until 1 month ago. now that im on crutches it's disappeared overnight.

the more you stand, the more it goes away. if you have a standing frame, it'll help LOADS. trust.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse
                          Adi, you must have quite a lot of abdominal spasticity to maintain a 6-pack like that!

(KLD)
                          Does abdominal spasms really help? Is there any way to get rid of quad belly? I take a high protein low carb diet im phcically very active and i eat lots of Hineken too, but im 15 mths post and 6 mths pregnant. HELP!!!
                          I've got 99 problems but the wheelchair ain't 1

Comment

Most "quad belly" is not from obesity or being overweight. It is because the paralyzed abdominal muscles overstretch due to the weight of the internal organs. Once the muscle overstretches, unless you have either voluntary control of the muscle or significant spasm, there is no way to strengthen the muscle again. Prevention is the best plan. Use of an abdominal binder will help to prevent the overstretching, and can help somewhat once the stretching has occured to try to get back that slim figure again.

(KLD)
                            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

i've got you beat on belly fat...but thank goodness you've got me beat on hair!
                              please do tell your secret. i look at food, my ass gets bigger.

Comment

Working...
                              X