Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal or not...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Legal or not...

    I was at Wal-mart this weekend and saw a pickup parked in a hc spot. I checked and no plate or placard...sort of. In the lower left hand corner of the windshield there was a wheelchair enblem, expiration date, and the code from the top of the placard painted in the windshield. I called the local PD, and they had never heard of that. Anyone else?
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.


    Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

    #2
    Originally posted by WheelieMike
    I was at Wal-mart this weekend and saw a pickup parked in a hc spot. I checked and no plate or placard...sort of. In the lower left hand corner of the windshield there was a wheelchair enblem, expiration date, and the code from the top of the placard painted in the windshield. I called the local PD, and they had never heard of that. Anyone else?
    Only in Indiana?

    William

    ... rolling since 1989
    ...

    BE NICE!It's free

    P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

    TWITTER: @MacBerry

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by WheelieMike
      I called the local PD, and they had never heard of that.
      And a light didn't go DING! DING! to those brain surgeons to come ticket/tow the violator? So typical..





      Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

      If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by 2jazzyjeff
        And a light didn't go DING! DING! to those brain surgeons to come ticket/tow the violator? So typical..
        Actually, this town is very good about coming out for hc violators. If they are busy, they will send a note to the owner of the vehicle explaining the violations. In this case, the dispatcher wanted to check with the issueing town whether this a something new they were trying. I doubt that would be the case considering hc placards are issued by a state agency. I have an email into BMV currently. I can't wait to hear their response.
        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.


        Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

        Comment


          #5
          It was the weekend.No extra paper work.
          Be yourself!!!
          http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
          BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
          Sponsored Athlete
          http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
          www.genegvd.com

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by WheelieMike
            In the lower left hand corner of the windshield there was a wheelchair enblem, expiration date, and the code from the top of the placard painted in the windshield.
            Why not just get plates in that case? Weird.

            Comment


              #7
              In what area of the w/s was it painted?
              Dave

              Comment


                #8
                I thought anywhere below the A1 line is illegal to put anything besides the inspection stickers, above the A1 line maybe but I wouldn't think so.
                Dave
                C5/C6 complete
                http://www.davegrotzinger.com
                http://www.daves-webdesign.com

                "I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me guaranteed..." - Eddie Vedder

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Herco16
                  In what area of the w/s was it painted?
                  Lower left corner (from inside viewpoint), basically right over the VIN.
                  Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.


                  Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by WheelieMike
                    Lower left corner (from inside viewpoint), basically right over the VIN.
                    Like Dgrotz said, anything below the A1 line is illegal. Something sounds fishy..... Why would the DOT even want it painted there? Anybody patrolling the lots would have a difficult time seeing it there.

                    Dave
                    Dave

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X