Take Me Back To The 60's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Me Back To The 60's

Memories!!! I just got this in an e-mail. It was almost like watching a chick flick. I get so emotional when I'm nostalgic. Hope the link works.

http://objflicks.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm
    Last edited by cara_m; 02-21-2008, 06:29 PM.

Wow, that first part was distorted, though! My first clear memory is Dad coming home from work, when JFK was assassinated. It's funny that Cool Hand Luke is listed among favorite movies, that's a gritty movie to this day. I love the 5th Dimension at the end. Grandma bought me the album when I was 8. Still have it too! Thanks, I enjoyed that.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I was born in the late 50s, so I remember the beginning of the 60s only as a small child. It did bring back a lot of memories! I had actually forgotten until now that we would (rarely .... it was a treat) got out for "15 cent hamburgers". That is what we referred to them as. I think it was at a Hardees or something, there wasn;t a McDs near us.
      T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I recall a McDonalds commercial that ran on TV for some time, touting how you could "feed a family of four for five dollars - and get change."

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
          My first clear memory is Dad coming home from work, when JFK was assassinated. Thanks, I enjoyed that.
          Wow!!! I'm very impressed Betheny. You were as sharp and aware back then as you are today. I can see why mimin has you for a role model. Your first memory was when you were three years old? I'm not telling any secrets, I looked at your profile.lol I remember JFK assasination but I wasn't three. I'm trying to think now what my first memory was.

The 60's were a cool time it's just to bad I had to end the decade with a bang. My head on the bottom of a pool.

Comment

who is this man

A) German Ambassador to the United States?

B) Spokane, Washington serial killer?

C) Announced Presidential candidate in 08?

D) CEO of Haliburton?
            oh well

Comment

who would of guessed , feel real old now
              oh well

Comment

Actually I was hot for Micky Dolenz while all the other teeny boppers were drooling over Davy Jones.

Comment

my first real memory as a kid was watching the funeral of JFK going down the street with the horse's pulling the wagon.
                  oh well

Comment

Originally posted by kenf
                    A) German Ambassador to the United States?

B) Spokane, Washington serial killer?

C) Announced Presidential candidate in 08?

D) CEO of Haliburton?

kenf, very cleaver but you left out a choice, I will not give it away but offer a clue instead........ Here we come, walking down the street, we get the funniest looks from, everyone we meet, hey hey_________________________!

I miss the 60's too. I remember sitting in Mr Deluca's art class, in the 2nd grade and him telling us that the president was dead. I recall having school off, watching the funeral and my parents being devastated. Most especially Dad, he was from Mass, he cried real bad . These images are seared in my mind forever and clearly as if it were yesterday.

Comment

Oops..took me sometime to post and should have checked to see if anyone else had the answer, oh well........anywho..Davy Jones has a home and hoarses in Palm Beach County and he occasionally seen out in the community. I loved Davy too....Giddee up Davy..

Comment

I was 10 in 1963 and 17 in 1970. Can anyone say "puberty." So the 60's was my time to grow-up. Though some might say, I am still not quite there yet.

The 60's: music, mini-skirts, spies, hairstyles, the space race, (did I mention mini-skirts) peace, love, and rebellion.

Comment

Originally posted by cara_m
                          Wow!!! I'm very impressed Betheny. You were as sharp and aware back then as you are today. I can see why mimin has you for a role model. Your first memory was when you were three years old? I'm not telling any secrets, I looked at your profile.lol I remember JFK assasination but I wasn't three. I'm trying to think now what my first memory was.

The 60's were a cool time it's just to bad I had to end the decade with a bang. My head on the bottom of a pool.
                          LOL. The only reason I remember it is that Dad came home and Mom was crying, and the TV was on in the daytime which was unprecedented. In our house, my parents worshiped God, Jesus and JFK, not always in that order. I've tried and tried to remember other things, there are just a few that I can remember pre-64. There was was one other time Dad came home. Big brother called his 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Frog (her name was Schrag, it rhymed, and she looked reptilian), then he jumped out the window of the classroom and ran home. Ohhh, Del was in TROUBLE. If Del was 8, I was 3, so it was '63.

I remember getting the first color TV on the block, and I think that may have been '64 but I'm not sure. I remember going to a big campaign event at the train station in Wichita to see Hubert Humphrey. I think that must have been '64. I remember that because I missed lunch LOL, and it was so crowded I buried my face in Mom's leg. Mom says it was my first missed meal. I guess I didn't suffer in silence. I remember a few things when Mom was pregnant with my little brother, in '64, mainly train trips. I remember my parents telling big bro and I they were divorcing, and asking what divorce is, because Del was speechless. Within a month, Mom and Dad accidentally got pregnant, so that was '64. They didn't divorce until '73.

Probably I remember more because I had a brother 5 years older, and one 5 years younger. Anything the older one responded to was immediately on my radar, too. It must have made the memories stick. Also, with my parents being such political junkies, I clearly remember election years maybe before most kids.

Thanks for calling me sharp and aware...I hope I didn't peak at age 3. It must have SUCKED to get injured in the '60's. I can't even bear to imagine the hospital. OMG how long were you in rehab? Did you have to use one of those Stryker frames, like in Born on the 4th of July? Ugghhhhhhhh!

Ala-I bet you LOVED those girls that burned their bras! (I know, it's a myth, but bras did go out the window that decade.)

Princess Leia-I loved Davy too, but my real fantasy was Paul Revere (remember, with The Raiders?) He had that lonngggg hair. Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe, So proud to live, So proud to DIEEEE...
                          Last edited by betheny; 02-22-2008, 01:52 PM.
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny
                            Ala-I bet you LOVED those girls that burned their bras! (I know, it's a myth, but bras did go out the window that decade.)
                            Oh, it’s no myth. There is nothing like cookin’ your wiener by the heat of a pile of burning boob-binders. Good times!

Comment

Born in '60....remember Dad crying about JFK assination. Obviously didint know why at the time...1st grade teacher, Miss Lewis, classic bun hairstyle(she was HOT). Riding the bike down to the crick to catch minners and frogs.... playing baseball..Senators baseball....Redskins(with Jurgensen) bombing Dallas 34-31 in '65 .... the '68 photo of the earth from apollo spaceship...69 landing on the moon...going to Va Elks boys camp...discover cant swim too good.....still had hair then .....waaaay too many Beattles songs on the radio...

Comment

Working...
                              X