Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 Calendar Fundraiser

Happy New Year!

I have asked a couple of people on Care Cure to work together and I am hoping that they will have a photo to show very soon. I am still working to get a 2009 calendar going. Thank you to all of you who have volunteered to help in any way.

I especially want to thank Marielea whose enthusiasm is limitless. I truly believe that this will be a success, and with the help of the 2 photographers, and the people who have volunteered as models I think that something beautiful will be created, and people will want to buy it because it is powerful and inspiring and artistic.

I will of course keep you posted as progress is made.

Liz
    Last edited by zilnh; 31 Dec 2007, 11:09 AM.
    I wished upon a falling star, I wished it had not fallen...

2009 or 2008?
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

Too late for 2008, so going for 2009.

Comment

Just got this in an email ..... thought of the calendar.

The 2008 Naked Fireman's Calendar

scroll

down

down

T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

That is so cute, sjean423...

Comment

ziln, we've been in touch. let me know what i can do to help.

Comment

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was out of town for a couple of weeks. I will send you a pm as soon as I am unpacked!

Thanks,
              Liz

Comment

I am working on getting together a board of directors, which I will post in F&L to get people who would like to be on the board. If anyone has any interest, or knows someone who might be a good candidate, would you please let me know?

I have a couple of ideas about the content of the calendar which I think might work well.

One was the idea of "Fallen Angels." Not in the demonic sense, but more, "Oh, crap!" People seem to feel comfortable with the angel idea in general, and Mr_Coffee is very enthusiastic about having wings.

The other was "Reflections." Water images, mirror images, etc. The one that I thought would be beautiful is a black and white image. The top portion of the photo would be of the bottom of a wheelchair with the feet touching the ground (I was thinking tuxedo pants and shiny black shoes) the image reflected in the water would be a man standing up. I don't know if I am explaining these images very well. But the majority of the photo would be the reflection...the way things ought to be in an ideal world.

Does anyone else have ideas about what would make a good photo? Please share either on here, or in a pm.

Thanks again,

Liz

Comment

Mr_Coffee with wings?

Oh, was that out loud?
                  Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Ah come on! Mr_Coffee must drink enough Red Bull that he already has a set of wings somewhere.

I do think that I have received the most responses to the Reflections idea. I would love to hear more ideas in that vein.

If you could look in the mirror and see what ought to be, what would it look like. Would you be the age you were the day before your injury? Would you be doing your dream job? Would you be a member of KISS in full makeup? Would you be walking down the street with your arm around your special someone? I know this delves into the "what if" catagory, but if this is a Reflection of who you (the plural) are, what would that image be.

I am trying to stay away from the intimate parts of life that are too obvious.

Thanks again,
                    Liz

Comment

I was in touch with Mr_Coffee this morning and asked him the reflections question.

He would like to be the age he was the day before he was hurt, with the his hot ex-girlfriend. (Not the one he has been talking about in recent threads.)

So, as I doubt Cory looks even an hour older now than he did then, I think this is a good idea. With a different hot chick though.

Please, keep the ideas coming!

Liz

Comment

Please check the member picture forum for a sample picture.

Thanks,

Liz

Comment

I have never found a link to members pictures on here, lol.
                          post a link to the thread, please

https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

Comment

Oops!

/forum/showthread.php?t=96642

Thanks,

Liz

Comment

I can't figure out who took this photo. It was sent in an e-mail. If anyone knows, please let me know. I think that this would be great for this project.

Comment

Working...
                              X