Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression

Yeah, its setting in and I can sense it progressing. Bad thoughts, feeling worthless, hating everything and most people, and the phrase "fuck it" is about the only thing I want to say. How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol. Im not the one to moan and groan often but theres some shit in my life that just wont work itself out and im not in the right mind to deal with it and that worries me for many reasons.

Feeling like a burden has become the norm and im not fucking diggin on it much.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Starting to feel a lot like Christmas.....

Me too. If I see one more damn "Pajamas.com" commercial... send the special woman in your life some PJs or lingerie in the fancy hatbox.... I'm gonna slit my throat! Or another BMW commercial... like everyone can afford a Beemer or two.

I hate Christmas and all the damn commercials and even hate receiving Christmas cards. I feel obligated to send one back in return but won't. Hey, if they don't get the idea after 28 years I guess they won't.

I'm depressed too. I think it's the 800mgs of gabapentin 4 times a day but what choice do I have? Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Fuck it.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

I also feel the sameway. I really do think it's the holidays & cold weather that brings it on for me. This injury really does SUCK, I FUCKING HATE LIVING IN THIS WHEELCHAIR!!!!!!!
      Now some asshole will post that comment "if you hate being in this wheelchair, then get off your ass and start promoting a cure".

I wish I had an answer for you about depression, but the only thing I can tell you is try to keep yourself busy so you don't think about it. Even if it's playing video games, playing poker online, or anything you enjoy doing in the wheelchair.
      Wish you luck my friend and keep your head up!!

Comment

Originally posted by danielgr
        Now some asshole will post that comment "if you hate being in this wheelchair, then get off your ass and start promoting a cure".
        C'mon guys ... "Turn That Frown Upside Down!" ... sorry bad joke.

I hope you all survive the holidays.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Sun, or if none, just outside in fresh air.
          Any Christmas cards you could send to someone worth remembering?
          Any Christmas specials to watch with kids. (I enjoyed watching with my niece)
          Plan of action-how can 2008 be better than 2007? (or at least less stressful)

I'm fighting it too.

Good luck!
          And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

........santa is on the way.........lol.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O91RZQmPZw0

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
              Yeah, its setting in and I can sense it progressing. Bad thoughts, feeling worthless, hating everything and most people, and the phrase "fuck it" is about the only thing I want to say. How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol. Im not the one to moan and groan often but theres some shit in my life that just wont work itself out and im not in the right mind to deal with it and that worries me for many reasons.

Feeling like a burden has become the norm and im not fucking diggin on it much.
              It's like looking at yourself from outside, right?

Don't know what to tell ya, but you know you've always got us to listen!

Comment

I'm depressed. Pains still getting worse, curve and balance getting worse, ability to function decreasing. What's to be happy about? Life sucks. And medication won't change that, unless it relieves pain, and I've tried every damn thing with no success.
                Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Go see a psychologist or even a psychiatrist. Counseling may be the only thing you need if you're in a periodical low state. You could vent in counseling and be given immediate feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
                    How come I know what the problem is but cant seem to get it under contol.
                    Your brain is chemical soup (as my endocrinologist tells me). Depression is an imbalance of body chemistry. Asking why you can't just "get it under control" is like asking why you can't walk, let alone why you can't walk in a straight line after drinking a fifth of vodka.

That is not to say that your depression is not something that can be managed. As someone else suggested, counseling could be quite beneficial and it's possible that an anti-depressant is something you should discuss with a qualified doctor. You need to look on this like you would any other medical condition and treat it accordingly. Don't beat yourself up for not being able to fix this on your own. Nobody expects anyone to just buck up and get over cancer. Why should depression be any different?

C.

Comment

Those feelings of being a burden suck and you can easily envelop yourself in them.I've been there and done that whole depression thing, yet have no advice and wish I did. TR and Todd already mentioned physcological and medicinal help. Take that leap-depression doesn't cure itself. Which yes, this time of year, the holidays and all play a huge factor,then throw in the fact that QUADNESS SUX (all SCI for that matter), but that's not all of it though.You have a beautiful son that loves you and needs you a lot,please use him for inspiration!Oh yeah-here's a hug....

Comment

like they wrote talk to your doctor. i take 10 mg of Lexapro. i quit taking them a couple times and went in a bad way. thought i didn't need them anymore. well i need them. lol this life is just to tuff to handle after losing just about everything you enjoyed and could do , atleast for me. also i take 1 mg of Ativan when i having a real bad day or get upset over something. they mellow you out real fast lol. it don't hurt to ask for help.
                        oh well

Comment

Counseling does help. It is also very expensive and has to be done long term to work.

I hate Christmas. It reminds me of times when I was a child, and when I was a young girl, when my grandmother was alive, my parents were together, and my family was still intact. Shit, it reminds me of times when my body was still intact... I guess it is the extra pressure of having to feel happy, and the expectation that everybody is having a nice time with their families. I will be spending Christimas alone, but I WILL SURVIVE IT!

And then, the weather will get better in the Spring, and life will go on.. )
                          (hopefully)..

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer
                            C'mon guys ... "Turn That Frown Upside Down!" ... sorry bad joke.

I hope you all survive the holidays.
                            What about you son?

Maybe you should count your blessings?

Thank God for another day of life?

Once your see beyond the fog you can focus more on your future.

Depression is a state of mind just as well as success, happiness and joy. Everything you need to know and to do about your situation is between your two ears.

This site was sent to me about a while ago. It is a Chinese site but the interview is in English.

http://blog.51.ca/u-6808/?p=7319

Nick Vijicic states, "
                            … as how God has given me grace, strength and comfort through my disability and how you can have victory, peace and joy in your life. Even if circumstances are still present in your life that don’t make sense or cause your will to turn upside down ..."

Watch the video, "Life without Limbs." About Nick Vujicic from Australia.

Interesting point Nick Vujicic brings up, "We can't and should not compare sufferings."

Christmas is about Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas!

titanium4motion
                            "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion
                              Once your see beyond the fog you can focus more on your future.

Depression is a state of mind just as well as success, happiness and joy. Everything you need to know and to do about your situation is between your two ears.
                              Excuse me, but that's a load of crap and it's a horrible thing to say to someone suffering from real depression. When you can hop out of that chair of yours and jog on your merry way by just using what is "between your two ears" then you can tell someone that they can "focus" their way out of a deep depression.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X