A "thankful" thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A "thankful" thread..

In four more days it will be Thanksgiving. In these crazy lives and bodies we now have, it it sometimes difficult to see the good in life.Let's take the time to name one thing we're thankful for each day 'til Turkey Day. I'll start...

I am thankful for animals in general. All bring a smile to my face and cheer to my heart. I'm blessed to be the mother of 5 dogs, three cats and a parrot. I'm blessed as well to have a wonderful father-in-law that is their caretaker for things I can't do for/with them.

Your turn..

Thankful

I am thankful for another day on Earth.

titanium4motion
    "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

I am thankful for my husband and daughters. I am also thankful for all my friends and family that have stuck by us during this last year.

Comment

thankfull for my fall..it may have saved my life..
        my G/F
        and her/our grandkids
        my sisters

Comment

I am thankful that my kids and family are healthy and happy.
          I am also thank to all my friends at care cure anty
          For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

Ok, this is lame, but I am thankful for my family, Thanksgiving will mean the 3 children who are in college (2) and out in the world (1) will be back with us me, my husband and youngest daughter for a few days.
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423
              Ok, this is lame, but I am thankful for my family, Thanksgiving will mean the 3 children who are in college (2) and out in the world (1) will be back with us me, my husband and youngest daughter for a few days.
              sjean, family is a very worthy cause to be thankful for!Family is awesome.

Comment

What a great thread to start, especially this week Shannon. Like you, I am grateful for animals. All types, but especially to my two sister kitties, who are my family and who I love so much. I am grateful to have caring friends that span decades, and laughter through the years. I am grateful to have a nice place to live, warmth in the winter, and plenty to eat. I am grateful to everyone who has enhanced my world, and that includes you folks here at CC!

Comment

I'm grateful for family and friends. Part of the family will get together Thursday and break bread and visit for the day.

I hope everyone here has someone to at least spend part of the day with them, and a great Thanksgiving meal.

Comment

I am thankful for my daughter and my dogs as rotten as they are...LOL

I am thankful for the ability to work again and all the answered prayers that came with my move this year.

I am thankful for my family and my friends who have encouraged me along the way not to give up.

I am also thankful that Ive got to live through 18 Christmases with my daughter. Like alot of folks here, I wasnt supposed to live to make it to the closest trauma center.

I wont get to see my daughter for Thanksgiving...my first without here with me....but hopefully December the 20th will come fast.
                    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Family and friends, yawn.

Most specifically though, my Jilly. The one that meets me in Cozumel, hauls my dive gear, puts it together, dresses me in and out of that damned wetsuit, jumps in first, dives the best, stays behind me so I never know until we watched the video that she never ever ever really actually took her hand completely off me, for four whole days. And then rinses all that junk off, hauls it, hangs it and does it all over again tomorrow. And always reminds me that I was an excellent diver and says I never lost it, after all.

Like one of our new dive buddies said-That's love.

Jill that doesn't ask me to be in the pact that will release her from her body, should it become a prison, because she knows I love her too much to be relied upon to follow through. She knows it's a flaw in me, that weakness. She accepts it and she's worked around it.

If I ever have to break my neck in a fountain all over again, I hope it will once again be with Jill.
                      Last edited by betheny; 19 Nov 2007, 10:09 PM.
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I am very thankful for my family and friends who have been there for me through good and bad. I am also thankful for Andy coming into my life. He's made me feel very special and I haven't felt that way in a long time.

I have so much more to be thankful for. This could go on forever. I thank the Lord for everything in my life every night. I have to say, I'm very fortunate even though I've had my fair share of trials in life as we all have.
                        T-5 incomplete

Comment

Beth,
                          Jill sounds heaven-sent. I bet she thinks the same of you though.
                          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I'm so very fortunate to have a wonderful family w/ in-laws just as close, if not closer than parents!

Comment

Like Betheny, for good friends.

My mate Scott in particular. He doesn't know it but he saves my sanity a lotb and has done since way before SCI.
                              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Working...
                              X