No announcement yet.

Greatest drummers of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree on the guy from Def Leopard.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by Them Bones
      Vinnie Paul

Shannon Larkin: Godsmack's current drummer, here he is with the lead singer Sully Erna, who could be on this list also. They give homage to a couple other guys who are already on this list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTXv8xPBGww
      That made me smile, awesome performance.
      Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
        That made me smile, awesome performance.
        They are having a lot of fun and it comes through in the music.

Comment

The late Eric Carr form Kiss, Listen to the Carr Jam you'll love it!

Comment

Mickaƫl Shrieve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnamP4-M9ko

Comment

Gene Krupa
              "Music will always find its way to us, with or without business, politics, religion, or any other bullshit attached. Music survives everything, and like God it is always present. It needs no help, and suffers no hindrance. It has always found me, and with God's blessing and permission, it always will." Eric Clapton

Comment

As I regard Neil Peart as the best, I like Them Bones' reply... Shannon and Sully really put on a clinic. I've seen this routine live 3 times now and the video does it no justice.. Years ago Sully use to have a small drum setup beside the drums and stand and play. That too was impressive.

I still love Tommy Lee live, esp. in '87 on the Girls, Girls, Girls tour where the drum stage rotated. The videos on youtube weren't great as the best part was when they played Wildside..

Remeber Alex Van Halen? He def. deserves mentioning..

Most entertaining would go out to Rikki Rocket of Poison fame. He's decent as a solo, but awesome during the concert..

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
                  No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Nicholas Barker from Cralde of filth, Dimmu Borgir, Brujeria, Lockup, Old Man's CHild etc etc...
                    he does that whole "sticatto" (sp?) drum thing that sounds like a machine. i think his best was the Cruelty and Beast Album with Cradle of filth

Inferno from Behemoth.
                    His drumming on the "Demigod" album is like a machine!

Joey Jordison of Slipknot is another excellent one. This clip is a drum solo he did Tommy Lee style with the drumset going up and such. it rocks.

Tommy Lee is also really good too. Maybe not speedwise but certainly a great drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by 1010011010
                      Nicholas Barker from Cralde of filth, Dimmu Borgir, Brujeria, Lockup, Old Man's CHild etc etc...
                      he does that whole "sticatto" (sp?) drum thing that sounds like a machine. i think his best was the Cruelty and Beast Album with Cradle of filth

Inferno from Behemoth.
                      His drumming on the "Demigod" album is like a machine!

Joey Jordison of Slipknot is another excellent one. This clip is a drum solo he did Tommy Lee style with the drumset going up and such. it rocks.
                      Since we're going there - Jan "Hellhammer" Blomberg and Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad of Mayhem and Satyricon fame are pretty noteworthy

and Horgh, Nick Menza, that one from Spinal Tap (lol)...god there are too many.
                      Last edited by alpentalic; 15 Nov 2007, 5:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tufelhunden
                        Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

Guy Lombardo???

wasn't he some type of singer during the caveman days???

Comment

Originally posted by Tufelhunden
                          Dave Lombardo (Slayer)
                          YES! Bostaph was a good temp but Dave's return made satan happy again

Comment

My opinion changes over time, but jazz drummers rule the beat,always.

Tony Williams

Dave Weckl

Comment

Originally posted by ala

Without any doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic
                                Since we're going there - Jan "Hellhammer" Blomberg and Kjetil "Frost" Haraldstad of Mayhem and Satyricon fame are pretty noteworthy

and Horgh, Nick Menza, that one from Spinal Tap (lol)...god there are too many.
                                Hellhammer is indeed excellent. I know he was/is? doing drums for Dimmu Borgir as well but had some injury i think. Nick Menza was another i forgot to mention. Rust In Peace is awesome.

Originally posted by ala

outside of metal there's something about certain "mexican"/"spanish" music drums that i love. the beat, the sound, evrything. the style called "Tamborasos" in banda music and more recently duranguense. i don't know any of their names and they usually have more than one drummer but the sound all together of the rhythm section is great. i loved bumping it when i had my massive speakers in my explorer, right next to some metal haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X