Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardluckhitshome
    So because you *thought* I was being illogical, you gave yourself a free pass to launch into anti-intellectual behavior? That's called the "tu quoque" fallacy.
    There is no anti-intellectual behavior of mine. You may find my attacks abrasive, but so be it.

My "behavior" and "prejudices" - whatever you think they may be - are independent of my right to believe in reincarnation or to form logical arguments.
    For God's sake, I don't give a damn whether you believe in reincarnation or not. And you're right, a broken clock is right at least twice a day.

Your "point" is what is called an ad hominem fallacy.
    I don't care. A spade is a spade.

No, sir. I am the one who has disappointed you. You were upset that I would not acknowledge you as having above average intelligence. I'm sorry, I don't think you do. I hope that's ok.
    You're so full of shit. I was pissed at your "plan to form an intellectual" trinity of you, Tiger Racing and Chick to "battle the ignorance on the forum". I asked why you arrived at you three and left me and several others out of the equation. I was upset at your grouping and labeling of people. You were stupid enough to then begin to group me in who you thought I belonged with. Your opinions mean nothing to me and doesn't change the fact that I do have an above-average IQ. Like I told you, that doesn't make me superior. It was handed to me. All you know about Chick was she didn't attack religion and she was Asian and you had the nerve to jump on her bandwagon based on her ethnicity and then bring up The Bell Curve to prove Asians and Jews have higher IQs. You're a prejudiced prick!

When you saw that I didn't change my mind based on the fact that people around you call you "articulate" , you went on the rampage and started trolling around threads that I started (like this one) or post on and trying to provoke me by attacking religion in general and saying bad things about Judaism.
    I've been responding to your threads since you came here and I've been attacking religion as well. You thought Majed was following you, now you're accusing me of doing the same.

Am I supposed to think you are intelligent all of a sudden?
    Your opinion doesn't mean anything to me. Get it? I don't care. You fucking asked if I was molested based on the fact I was homosexual. You're a sheltered person not exposed to the goyim world until now.

It's like on that thread on religion between you and Scott Pruett. When he asked why you were using vulgar language, you told him to "grow up?" If your idea of being grown up is using vulgar language, I know quite a few grown up junior high schoolers lol.
    I think it was he who told me to grow up and I asked why he said that. My only assumption was my vulgar language offended him.

No amount of screaming or personal attacks or jumping up and down whining is going to make me think you are intelligent. Being intelligent is not something you demand that others recognize; it's something you earn and work toward. Take my advice, please. It is good advice. Go back to school - some adult education program, wherever. Get your GED. Go to a community college and then onward. You're not going to be able to put on future resumes that Sean thinks you are intelligent and your mother says you are "articulate" and that you "educated yourself".

I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors,
    Sean
    I don't care what Sean thinks. A stutterer is trying to tell me that I'm not articulate. HA! So I suppose people who've met me in person are all wrong and Sean is right.

Comment

Originally posted by chick
      Todd, I don't believe that absolute certainty in religion and spirituality is impossible. It may be impossible to be so absolute against purely external/physical measures and fixed standards and rules, but an individual may possess an internal certainty that comes from their own experience/knowledge/activity, that has been shaped by and is fostered and continuously (re)affirmed through an ongoing engagement and relationship with the physical world. Religion and Spirituality is a construct, that can be certain unto itself, and in respect to how one may have internalized them, derive meaningfulness and certainty from/in them.
      When I think of religion, Chick, I think of a formal structure and one that is exclusive. For example, you'll find many Christians argue that there is one truth and thus only one religion can be correct. They use this argument to prove that salvation comes only ONE way and all others are damned.

I'm uncertain of many religions that believe their path is but one way and not the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
        Er, Todd, at this point (after the "...." above) you've lost sight of the object of the post/text; HLHH was responding to me: I agree on the incredible arrogance but excuse it in the light of overall delusion. The poor boy just can't see the forest for the beam in his eye.
        Your mother isn't Jewish, I don't have to prove to you he was responding to you.

Comment

Take my advice, please. It is good advice. Go back to school - some adult education program, wherever. Get your GED. Go to a community college and then onward.
          I'm amused this advice is coming from a 26-year-old with no profession himself.

Comment

Who would have thought an ethereal concept like religion could start this kind of war.....

... apart from economists who have advised their clients over millennia to invest in arms manufacture.

Comment

William,
              I never said that you had had no exposure to other religions. I merely repeated what you yourself said, which is that of all the religions out there Christianity made the most sense to you. You then ask me to produce a foundation for the belief in renincarnation, despite my having mentioned the Hindu texts, the Buddhist teachings, and so on. They are as much of a foundation as The Bible, and far older too. That doesn't seem to be enough for you, however, and go on to compare reincarnation with belief in the Loch Ness monster. If that is how you choose to view the subject that is fine, although I ask you to really think about some Christian concepts and if they are any more rational (NOT familar, but rational). Virgin birth? A star that leads three wise men to a stable? Ressurection? I do not quibble with these beliefs, which are just as impossible to substantiate, because they are beliefs and can never be proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru
                Who would have thought an ethereal concept like religion could start this kind of war......
                No doubt...
                Last edited by quadvet; 25 Nov 2007, 7:50 AM.
                get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais (to hardluck)
                  You're so full of shit. I was pissed at your "plan to form an intellectual" trinity of you, Tiger Racing and Chick to "battle the ignorance on the forum". I asked why you arrived at you three and left me and several others out of the equation. I was upset at your grouping and labeling of people. You were stupid enough to then begin to group me in who you thought I belonged with. Your opinions mean nothing to me and doesn't change the fact that I do have an above-average IQ. Like I told you, that doesn't make me superior. It was handed to me. All you know about Chick was she didn't attack religion and she was Asian and you had the nerve to jump on her bandwagon based on her ethnicity and then bring up The Bell Curve to prove Asians and Jews have higher IQs. You're a prejudiced prick!
                  huh?

what the bumblefuck?? lol

I'm clueless why my 'name' was included here (esp. since I haven't 'agreed' here, with much of the others named)? I don't have the energy to go through the posts to see what this is about, but I'm gonna guess for now, that Todd, you are responding to a post hardluck made where he specifically included my name in respect to what you posted in the snippet I quoted?

All I know about me, is that when spasms curl my fingers into a fist, I have trouble counting!

p.s.
                  whatever issue ya'll have goin on here.... leave me out of the equation. thanky.
                  Last edited by chick; 23 Nov 2007, 7:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais
                    No one is arguing your arguments when they're trying to point out something about you
                    Well, that much is true.

C.

Comment

huh?

All I know about me, is that when spasms curl my fingers into a fist, I have trouble counting!
                      I hear that!

Comment

huh?

I'm clueless why my 'name' was included here? I don't have the energy to go through the posts to see what this is about, but I'm gonna guess for now, that Todd, you are responding to a post hardluck made where he specifically included my name in respect to what you posted in the snippet I quoted?

Chick,
                        Sorry, Todd keeps posting private conversations like you guys will know what he's talking about. It's pretty classless and anti-intellectual but I'll provide the context on this one since you were involved. I made a joke to Todd that you, TR, and myself should form a "coalition of the intelligent" (which was a joke on Bush's "coalition of the willing"). He wanted to know why he was not included and why I had included you, and I made a joke that it's because east Asians are intelligent and cited a book that nobody takes seriously as proof. He knew that it was a joke (I mean tiger racing isn't Jewish or East Asian and I admire her intelligence), but this was what he resorted to in order to try to 'prove' he's right about his intelligence. I'm sorry you were involved.

I don't care what Sean thinks. A stutterer is trying to tell me that I'm not articulate. HA! So I suppose people who've met me in person are all wrong and Sean is right.
                        ...and I thank you very much.

I'm amused this advice is coming from a 26-year-old with no profession himself.
                        Sorry charlie, but you were disabled 10 years ago and you haven't done anything with your life for 10 years. I'm mostly done with college and am eager to go back soon.

But, though you may find my advice amusing, I doubt you will find many people to disagree with me that you getting your GED would be good for you.

Take care.

Sean

Who would have thought an ethereal concept like religion could start this kind of war.....

... apart from economists who have advised their clients over millennia to invest in arms manufacture.
                        heh, it's not about religion I'm afraid but a wounded ego.

Comment

heh, it's not about religion I'm afraid but a wounded ego.
                          poor [insert name please].

Comment

i haven't read the first 12 pages of this thread... cliff notes anyone?

it's funny when todd gets pissed.

mmm... internet drama.

Comment

Oh, and what happened to talk of reincarnation, I was going to relate my experience. But, as is usual of late, another CC thread has gone down the drain. So sad, where are the real intellects, the likes of Jack Spratt etc..

Bye.

Comment

Only two members have gotten Todd this pissed and the last one was hounded out of the thread by a consensus of those involved.* Would that she'd made the vacation she took after that permanent instead of being onboard to give an uspy-daiey to her male Jewish counterpart.

*/forum/showthread.php?p=688931#post688931
                                /forum/showthread.php?t=85256&page=4
                                /forum/showthread.php?t=85256&page=5
                                "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                                J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Working...
                                X