Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hardluckhitshome
    Oh, well I don't see how personal attacks are going to advance the conversation, but I'm willing to overlook it for the sake of "discourse".

I was genuinely curious what you meant by providing that information since it was addressed to me and didn't seem relevant to the topic, but you have cleared up the confusion by saying it was for "no reason". That's all I was looking for.
    You assumed I had some anti-Jew motive for specifying the Old Testament in reference to Christians believing against interracial marriage. I was pointing out to you that the New Testament also includes like restrictions as the Old Testament in forbidding marriages against believers and unbelievers.

Contrary to your assertion, it doesn't take a genius or a Jew to read and understand the Old Testament. Goys don't misunderstand the Torah because they're goys, they misunderstand the Torah for the same reason they misunderstand the Gospels; it's a matter of interpretation and everyone has their own notions about these matters. People read the same book and arrive at very different conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français
      You assumed I had some anti-Jew motive for specifying the Old Testament in reference to Christians believing against interracial marriage. I was pointing out to you that the New Testament also includes like restrictions as the Old Testament in forbidding marriages against believers and unbelievers.
      Oh, no, no assumptions. That's why I said, "a jab at jews, who knows?". I was only making sure that people were aware that the prohibition against interracial marriage was Christian in origin.

Contrary to your assertion, it doesn't take a genius or a Jew to read and understand the Old Testament. Goys don't misunderstand the Torah because they're goys, they misunderstand the Torah for the same reason they misunderstand the Gospels; it's a matter of interpretation and everyone has their own notions about these matters. People read the same book and arrive at very different conclusions.
      And not to worry, you must have misunderstood as I had never asserted one must be a genius to read what you call the Old Testament. What I said was "in this case" (in reference to the cult like church that prohibited the interracial marriage), it was likely a poor translation of Hebrew and a poor understanding of the Jewish context for which it applied. We seem to agree on this matter, so thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen
        They would open a bananna, but there is no proof that has ever successfully convinced them that there is something to eat within......
        haha, that was a good one, Eileen. Ein guter Witz!!

Comment

What if you came back as a fly? You would hear all the gossip in the girls bathroom but eat s*&t and puke every 7 seconds!

Comment

Ok, anyone who is serious about discussing reincarnation here should know that some of the people posting here are just baiting you in order to redirect the reincarnation discussion for their own amusement. Some of the posts are examples of perfectly circular reasoning. They are just posting pseudo intellectual crap. So…you can continue acting as their ego-enemas until they completely relieve themselves and lose interest, or you can choose to ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by ala
              So…you can continue acting as their ego-enemas until they completely relieve themselves and lose interest, or you can choose to ignore them.
              Phew, that's a relief; I thoght I was gonna have to deal with some of those troll-like idiots.
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by ala
                Ok, anyone who is serious about discussing reincarnation here should know that some of the people posting here are just baiting you in order to redirect the reincarnation discussion for their own amusement. Some of the posts are examples of perfectly circular reasoning. They are just posting pseudo intellectual crap. So…you can continue acting as their ego-enemas until they completely relieve themselves and lose interest, or you can choose to ignore them.

Gee Ala, you think????????

Comment

This thread seems to stagger from one disagreement to the next rarely staying on subject , so I'm going to lock it .

Thank you ,
                  Dogger
                  Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

Working...
                  X