Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anybody else believe in reincarnation?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leif
    Good, hoped it was not referred to cheap garage used car salesperson sale stunt tricks in signatures lol
    HAAA!
    No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Tiger,

So from now on when I ask a simple question seeking clarification, asking people to support their assertions and claims, I won't be criticized for "attacking" people's beliefs and opinions or accused of trying to start an argument?
      One would hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin
        Dan, you're coming across increasingly prigish in this thread.
        As for reincarnation - if we believe in it? Imagine if Juke was a born again broccoli? Dunno, but I’ll stick to seal meat etc, which has a better traceable track record. As such.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc

I see a difference between expressing a belief and making a claim. I can express my belief in unicorns, the monster of Loch Ness, or reincarnation. I have not seen conclusive proving or disproving their existence and I make no claim that they can. Their existence is simply a matter of conjecture.

Dan, I will respectfully disagree with your above statement.

I agree with you that that some of the opinions expressed in this thread are far-fetched and not grounded in reality or reason. Yet one can still contemplate ....

One can contemplate by all means. But when faulty reasoning is pointed out, I am increasingly seeing people going on the defensive. This is the reason we have referees in academic journals. I hope we can agree on this.

Comment

As for reincarnation - if we believe in it? Imagine if Juke was a born again broccoli? Dunno, but I’ll stick to seal meat etc, which has a better traceable track record. As such.

Imagine if you were born again as a right-winger.

Comment

Hmm, "The better to avoid being eaten by you, my dear."
              "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Tufelhunden
                One can contemplate by all means. But when faulty reasoning is pointed out, I am increasingly seeing people going on the defensive. This is the reason we have referees in academic journals. I hope we can agree on this.
                Only a used car sale person could came up with such a neat solution to reincarnation - Dan and Juke becoming the new bratwursts for the ladies on a truck stop?

Comment

Lief, my signature is in reference to Tolkien. I lol'd when I read your post, though.
                  Dang! I thought it was Poe!
                  My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Only a used car sale person could came up with such a neat solution to reincarnation
                    Anything is neater than what I've seen here. Believing that a tornado blowing through a junk yard and assembling a fighter jet appears more plausible than someone groundlessly telling me that there is a chance that I may come back as a howler monkey and engage in excrement throwing contests.

Comment

Imagine if you were born again as a right-winger.
                      I vote "right-wing" (where allowed to vote though)

Comment

In general, I don't find jokes that ridicule religion or disability particularly humorous.
                        Never watch Comedy Central.

Comment

Originally posted by JenJen
                          Dang! I thought it was Poe!
                          Bessemer!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
                            I have never claimed that I have spoken with Death.

C.
                            But you said you met him, what the f**k did you two do?

Comment

But you said you met him, what the f**k did you two do?
                              lmao!

I'm kinda curious about this...

Comment

If a guy were to walk up to you and tell you that werewolves talk to him about the origin of the universe every night, he would be describing a personal experience.
                                I'd suggest a long visit at Bellevue to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X