Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just had my 15 year anniversary. Life is good!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just had my 15 year anniversary. Life is good!

    When I was first injured I had no idea what I would end up being able to do. I am a para at T4/5 and have found I can do most anything but it takes me a lot longer. I just wanted to pass on that life can still be very good. And now the research is coming along, very exciting! When I was first injured it looked like I would be long gone before there was help.

    Anyways, over the years I have bought a horse and took lessons. I boarded for awhile and then met my wife. We bought a small hobby farm and I had my horses here. After my daughter was born we sold the horses and now I like to track my Corvette at Road America.

    If anyone would like any videos of transfers, ask any questions, or whatever, ask away. I'm friendly!

    Andrew

    Last edited by SoulScream; 6 Nov 2007, 5:24 PM.
    Andrew

    #2
    congrats, and welcome to cc

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you!

      Why is my image tag showing above?
      Andrew

      Comment


        #4
        Wonderful!

        Life is not only good after a spinal cord injury but life is beautiful.

        Life is precious.

        Enjoy every minute of it while you have it.


        titanium4motion
        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

        Comment


          #5
          Welcome Andrew! Do you miss the horses at all? I know I would!
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

          T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by lynnifer
            Welcome Andrew! Do you miss the horses at all? I know I would!
            Yes I do! My dog and horse were my friends for a long time, and they helped me get around. I taught my dog to pull me and of course riding the horse. Now I am thinking I will get a four wheeler. If I have enough pasture land when I move, I may get a horse or two again just to look at and to be a pet.
            Andrew

            Comment


              #7
              I would love to see a video of how you transfer in a out of a corvette. I know my husband would be interested. He loves vettes.

              Comment


                #8
                Blessings to you, Andrew.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ginamarie
                  I would love to see a video of how you transfer in a out of a corvette. I know my husband would be interested. He loves vettes.
                  I can take one soon, would he want to see putting the chair in there too? Mine is an '88, they are fun cars! I really enjoy how easy it is to take pictures and video now a days. I used to have to scan images, now it's so easy to just transfer them to the computer and upload.

                  Andrew

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Sure, show him the whole thing if you can! That would be great. My husband had an '84 for many years. We sold it after he was injured but I know that he would love another if he thought that he could get in and out by himself.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by SoulScream
                      I can take one soon, would he want to see putting the chair in there too? Mine is an '88, they are fun cars! I really enjoy how easy it is to take pictures and video now a days. I used to have to scan images, now it's so easy to just transfer them to the computer and upload.


                      Hey wow, you have Dale Earnhardts new number on your car, 88.

                      Like your attitude, good one to have.

                      I tried out of vette, but felt it was too hard on my shoulders as they are a very low transfer. I ended up with a Eclipse GT, with the seat in the high position not too bad a transfer, the worst part is pulling in my legs over the high door sill.
                      "Life is about how you
                      respond to not only the
                      challenges you're dealt but
                      the challenges you seek...If
                      you have no goals, no
                      mountains to climb, your
                      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by ginamarie
                        Sure, show him the whole thing if you can! That would be great. My husband had an '84 for many years. We sold it after he was injured but I know that he would love another if he thought that he could get in and out by himself.
                        I finally had time for the vid, here it is:

                        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74086519501474

                        I sit onto the sill first.

                        I always wondered how long a transfer took, looks like only a min.
                        Andrew

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Welcome SoulScream. Thank you for the video link. Transfers are still my weakness.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hey Soul

                            What part of Wisconsin you from? I live in Waupaca. I'm a T-8, a little over 10 years now.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rathole
                              Hey Soul

                              What part of Wisconsin you from? I live in Waupaca. I'm a T-8, a little over 10 years now.
                              I have a hobby farm outside of Adell, that is south of Plymouth, about a half an hour north east to Sheboygan. I am moving somewhere by your area though. Once this place sells we will be looking for land or a country house within a thirty min. commute to Appleton.

                              Good area by you?

                              Andrew
                              Andrew

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X