No announcement yet.

Cheesecake, Orangejello, and Team Reeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So very cool, Bernadette!! I am very proud of you for the effort put forth on our behalf. You really are an inspiration!!!!!!!................John

Comment

Poem

A few folks know but many do not that I got very sick the Saturday before the marathon. I was training and had severe AD and did not know if I could even make it home. I was with my 9 year old and it was one of the few times I really became scared. The next morning I woke with a severe stomach virus that hung on till early Wednesday. I had horrible cramps, could not keep any food in and went three days without eating. I was in an absolute panic because I was leaving for NYC in 2 days. My AD was all over the place and my physiatrist was doing damage control. She is not one to ever tell you not to do something but she strongly advised me to think twice about the marathon. It was a real wake up call. Donations kept rolling in and instead of being happy, I was terrified. I didn't want to let folks down but I also wasn't about to jeapordize my life. I ate smart, trained light and was in much better shape by Saturday. During the Team Reeve lunch they announcedthat a Olympic hopeful died during the marathon trials. That pretty much put the fear of god in me.

One thing that kept me going was the poem on the back of my Team Reeve shirt. It was on a poster in CR gym and one of his nurses read it at Chris' memorial service. When I saw the back of our team shirt, I cried.

Today I went and saw my physiatrist to make sure I was in one piece. I wore the shirt and my nurse took a photo and emailed it to me. Chick shrunk it down for me.
      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Try again. Here is the back of the Team Reeve shirt.
        Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Working...
        X